VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
Anybody know where I can get one of the now discontinued engine covers for my 2003 T5. The one that hides a multitude of sins when you lift the bonnet !!
I have looked using search engines, but just when you think you've got one.................

Hopefully someone out there will be able to help

Thanks in advance

Dead Eye Dick

·
Registered
661 Posts

·
Registered
661 Posts
It fits T5 and T5.1 (Facelift).
Yes it does fit the facelift but VW only intended it for the first T5. Hence why it may be difficult to get a hold of as they only fitted it to some early T5 models so they may have stopped producing the part some time ago.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Cheers guys

I suppose I will have to try a couple of breakers, trouble is that a front ender will probably spell disaster for the cover is there was one fitted

Oh well, dream on

Dead Eye Dick

·
Registered
17 Posts
Well, it's arrived and it does not fit!!.

Seems as though my 64 plate is too new for this to fit correctly.

Up for grabs if anybody is interested?

·
Special Rapporteur
9,761 Posts
IIRC (from the past engine cover threads on here) a T5 engine cover always needs minor modification to fit a T5.1. My recollection is that the mods are very minor, but it's a while since I last looked into it...

·
Registered
359 Posts

I'm interested, first dibs(or second if post before is an offer?)
Again, your inbox is fuuuuuulllllll!
CheersT:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Apologies guys - jesus I cannot keep up with the incoming messages!!.

Ok, here is where this is at, I have somebody local coming round later today (which negates me having to pack it up and post).

If they don't want it then this will be offered to the first person who PM'd me.

Cheers

·
140 DSG Shuttle SE full Camper
2,759 Posts

I settled for a battery cover & the matching cover the other side, only fitted on high spec facelifts until 2010 but still available.

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
Apologies guys - jesus I cannot keep up with the incoming messages!!.

Ok, here is where this is at, I have somebody local coming round later today (which negates me having to pack it up and post).

If they don't want it then this will be offered to the first person who PM'd me.

Cheers

Hi did the cover go ?...

·
Registered
107 Posts
Just fitted one to my 2013 T5.1. It takes a bit of fettling but the result is a really nice fit.

Loads about, dont know what all the fuss is about. Got mine from TPS.. You will need the new battery cover too
and a whole load of clips..which dont come with it..I:

Will get mine painted and Hydrodipped soon..

1 - 20 of 64 Posts