VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I've got a VW T5 T32 56 Plate with the 1.9L 102 TDI Engine. It has 73K on the clock.

At 57,000 Lex Autolease did a number of things including longlife interval service, MOT, Camshaft Drive Belt/Chain Tensioner

At 65,000 They did the Flywheel, Master Cylinder and Clutch et al.

The questions I have are:

1) Does this engine actually have a traditional cambelt that should be replaced. I thought the 57K service suggested yes but a friend with a 54Plate 2.5L TDI says no and that his is on a chain.

2) If I do have a cambelt was it done at 56K and when should it next be done.

3) When should I next get it serviced. VW said every 20K which would suggest soon.

Thanks in advance for anyone who cares to respond.

Cheers

Chris

·
Registered
7,548 Posts
The 1.9's have a cambelt.

The 2.5's are gear driven - they do not have a chain.

I've got a VW T5 T32 56 Plate with the 1.9L 102 TDI Engine. It has 73K on the clock.

Personally, when I have a vehicle with a cambelt I have the belt changed before the recommended milage.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Hi,

At 57,000 Lex Autolease did a number of things including longlife interval service, MOT, Camshaft Drive Belt/Chain Tensioner
You have had the cambelt done according to this statement.

Not sure of the intervals on a 1.9l, but certainly don't do more than 60k / 4 years on a belt for piece of mind if I were you

·
BMW? You gotta be serious!
13,223 Posts
4 years or 80k miles on t5 1.9 engine for the cambelt change

(only their recommendation, not a guarantee, water pump to be changed on second belt change)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts