VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi guys... Getting to my wits end with this.

Suffering with a rumble on the front end of the t32. Sounds like bushes going.
However, having changed std control arm bushes to polybushes, new drop links, new top mounts, ball joints and new coilovers, I'm still getting the issue.
It seems like the more I tighten them the quieter the rumble.... But I'm at 150nm on the torque wrench, which I believe is too high.

Worth noting it's only there on rough/bumpy roads.

Does anyone have any more ideas I can try before I lose the plot?
Thanks

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
I'm getting the same from rear n/s wheel, swapped out the bearing, had 3 different wheel and tyre combinations on there and still rumbles, even stripped down calliper - it drives me nuts as it only started after approx 1 years ownership.

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
That's a crackin looking van! 🤙
How new are the tyres? They look like 4x4 tyres which probably won't be the quietest for rolling noise.
Assuming it's not wheel bearings I'd be looking at the tyres and tracking.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks.... Tyres are brand new. Its not the tyres as they roll fine with little additional road noise/rumble.
The noise is only apparent when I'm rolling over rough roads/pot holes/speed bumps.
Sounds like a hollow knock/rumble. Exactly like when bushes need to be changed.

Tightening up the drop links etc has quietened it down, but I'm way passed the recommended torque settings.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi guys... Getting to my wits end with this.

Suffering with a rumble on the front end of the t32. Sounds like bushes going.
However, having changed std control arm bushes to polybushes, new drop links, new top mounts, ball joints and new coilovers, I'm still getting the issue.
It seems like the more I tighten them the quieter the rumble.... But I'm at 150nm on the torque wrench, which I believe is too high.

Worth noting it's only there on rough/bumpy roads.

Does anyone have any more ideas I can try before I lose the plot?
Thanks View attachment 192651
GJ
Bought first T5 transporter 6 mth ago, changed ball joints suspension arms inner and outer rack ends drop links roll bar bushes And top mounts but they were gone anyway.and still got the rumble . wanna drive the thing into a wall !

1 - 7 of 7 Posts