VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if a T5 front passenger seat airbag unit has any value / use to anyone? Also how best to deactivate it if not? I want to keep the back plate and cover (or get another set if someone wants the whole unit). Many thanks, Ant.

·
Special Rapporteur
9,904 Posts
I'd be cautious about permanently disabling it. In theory you may be laying yourself open to a claim if a passenger in your van is injured in an accident, as you will have deliberately disabled some of the vehicle's original safety equipment.

Secondhand airbags seem to sell quite well on Ebay, but I don't think you could separate it from its mounting plate. They all seem to be complete (but less the cover, mainly).

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks so far for your help. The airbag unit in question is from a california seat that has been retro fitted. There wasn't seat airbags in the bus originally so no wiring in place for them. The drivers airbag is missing but the plate and cover are still there so it's just the passenger side. The unit is in my shed - not attached to the seat. It is complete with back plate and cover but I don't want to put it on the seat while still active, but would like to cover the unsightly gap where it was.
Thanks again,

Ant.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts