VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hoovie, to the trained eye I: it doesnt look bent. A mate said it could an issue at base of the hinge, the flap may have been forced back further than designed. the catch device is in place although it needed a tweek as it was loose.

·
Want Electrics? Go Wildebus!
8,167 Posts
Hoovie, to the trained eye I: it doesnt look bent. A mate said it could an issue at base of the hinge, the flap may have been forced back further than designed. the catch device is in place although it needed a tweek as it was loose.
I don't know about this particular issue, but it could be a common problem with a simple solution, so it would be worth having a trawl on the forum if you haven't already before buying new bits T:

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have the same problem on my T5.1 2010, looks like maybe someone has tried to open the fuel flap without opening the door. I have looked at the flap spring as a possible replacement (http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/151702306011). However, it could just be a case of bending the hinge back slightly?

I had a good hunt on here can't find anything useful, does other people's T5 flap spring back into place nice and rigid?

Maybe it is the spring, as mine is a bit flappy when closed... anyone replaced the spring on their fuel flap?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sancho, thanks, I had previously seen the post and thought it was a bit adventurous but will give it ago, otherwise its spoiling the lines:cool:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts