VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 111 Posts

·
Premium Member
767 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This is my 3rd VW BUS, my first was a 94 T4 VR6 caravelle that i made a copy of the Reimo city van kitchen in, then an 04 T5 RHD multivan 3.2, which i fitted a pull out draw style kitchen. This will be my first 'proper' camper conversion with a raising roof and full kitchen.

I found my base van a few months back as soon as I saw the ad I knew it was the one for me, 2010 T5 GP Kombi T32 LWB in black with e/w, toe bar and the 180bhp Bi TDi engine. An hour to heathrow in the heaviest rain I can remember, and there she was in perfect condition with only 26,000 miles and even with a flat battery (so no test drive) I put my deposit down there and then, it wasn't going to hang around for long!

My current plans are to fit the following;

insulation & carpet
Autobeds 3/4 rock & roll bed
Reimo raising roof
Abt front spoiler
Vsr split charge system
Solar panel
2nd battery
Überbus California style kitchen (hence the 'Kali')
Banded 17" T5 steels
New stereo & speakers
Top loading fridge
Sink & hob
Fresh water tank
-30 sportline vw springs
Single front captains seat & swivel base's
Front fogs
Rear view camera

·
Premium Member
767 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nice van bud, how much did you pay if you don't mind?
Pm'd you mate

Looking good but will it better your old one I:
Well i hope so but no 22" porka rims this time ;)

Here are some pics with the new Reimo roof and mutli rail fitted, it went to Concept multi Car in Hythe and I couldn't be happier with there workmanship a real top quality job.

·
Premium Member
767 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Started removing the interior panels today and applying the dynamat, I've decided to carpet over the panels separately so they can be removed for access if needed in the future, except on the right hand side where they will be blocked off by the kitchen anyway

I've ordered 70 insivable clips from mega van mats which is enough to do one side and both rear doors, that will be my next job.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Looks like the making of another epic van!!!

Have you got a link to the golf project you were carrying out a few years back?

You don't seem to do things by halfs!!!

·
Premium Member
767 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Looks like the making of another epic van!!!

Have you got a link to the golf project you were carrying out a few years back?

You don't seem to do things by halfs!!!
Cheers T:T:T:T: here is the link to my Mk2 http://www.clubgti.com/forum/showthread.php?t=204138

its ongoing, I've just got all the bits to do the engine rebuild hopefully to 400bhp this time :D just need to find the time to do it, the camper got in the way!

·
Premium Member
767 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Very Nice Fenno T:

Liking the plate too:cool:

Will be watching this with interest:ILU:
Cheers andy_variant, I copied your wheels I: might get them fitted today :D

I got a single captains passenger seat in Timmo fabric it has the same colored plastics as my tassimo, lucky for me someone is selling new tassimo covers on ebay pretty cheap. half way through swapping the covers.

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
Cheers andy_variant, I copied your wheels I: might get them fitted today :D

I got a single captains passenger seat in Timmo fabric it has the same colored plastics as my tassimo, lucky for me someone is selling new tassimo covers on ebay pretty cheap. half way through swapping the covers.

:D Get them on then! Alot of people are heading down the bandedsteels route, Non of that underrated wheels/new bolts/spigot ring nonence to worry about T:

·
Registered
5,073 Posts
Oi! Oi! Frenno back in the land of the living I see W:
I've subscribed to the build thread, plenty of pics for us simpletons please :D

·
Premium Member
767 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Awesome :cool:

Go with the 8.5's/9.5's?

How do you find them against the slider? Lowering stick is needed though I:
I went for 9's and 10's what psi are you running on yours? Sliding door misses the rear even at 10" wide very close though

Ordered bluebird's Gaz coilovers today so it should be a lot closer to the ground very soon

·
Premium Member
767 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Finished Dynamatting the rear of the van this morning,

I found this 27L water tank in the Remio catalogue which is meant to fit in the cavity behind this panel..... it doesn't! so I'm guessing its a LHD only fit? nice idea though

Started doing a bit of carpeting, the easy panels first!

Seeing where the solar panel will best fit... bit scared of drilling the brand new roof tbh

And finally, cut out panels for the right hand side from 6mm ply to screw the kitchen to, the 2 original kombi hardboard panels are free to anyone that needs them.

1 - 20 of 111 Posts