VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I have seen the dealers are now offering retrofit LED drl's for the T5 GP and I don't wanna pay I think in the region of £290 + fitting + vat !! So does anyone have the part number(s) for the kit from VW. This includes the replacement bumper panels and loom. Cheers in advanceT:

* PART NUMBER FOR THE DRL KIT IS ZGB 7E0 052 190*

·
Registered
768 Posts
Had mine for about 6 month now. no problems, touch wood. Get lots of good comments about them. I love them but a few think there to much.

Without lights on, running with original DRLs

With side lights on(and main beam),they switch to low light and
When indicating same side will dim.
Also when you lock the van they stay on for approx 30 seconds as a "see me home" light.

·
Registered
768 Posts
I don't see why not. If the panel on the bumper next to the lower grill is the same size, then they should fit.

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well had the kit delivered today. Happy daysT:

Part number is ZGB 7E0 052 190

If you have front park sensors you need to drill an 18mm hole in each panel, the position is marked on the rear of the panel, now to do that and pass them over for colour coding:D

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Real easy, only five wires. Switchable ignition live, earth, live supply to headlight( dim to a low light when side/headlights are turned on)and one for each side to the indicators(so dim when appropriate indicator is used)
How do your ones stay on as a walk up the drive light?

·
Registered
768 Posts
How do your ones stay on as a walk up the drive light?
Not sure Si, think it works the same way as the internal light stays on for a bit after u lock it. When u lock you van, if u stay and listen you'll hear something under the bonnet shut down after about 20sec. What ever that is,that's what it's wired to.:*

1 - 20 of 81 Posts