VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there!

I'm wondering if you could change the T5 speedometer to some else?
Searching for a bit updated model, I guess the T5.1 speedo won't work on T5?

Does someone know if there's some VW/Audi speedos which would fit for T5?

·
Special Rapporteur
9,793 Posts
What's wrong with the one you have? What are you trying to achieve - a different look, more functions, or what?

Would the fact that the immobiliser on a T5 is built into the instrument cluster be an issue for you?

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
Hi there!

I'm wondering if you could change the T5 speedometer to some else?
Searching for a bit updated model, I guess the T5.1 speedo won't work on T5?

Does someone know if there's some VW/Audi speedos which would fit for T5?
T5 GP won't work as its a completely different loom but you can go to a Caravelle one with battery volts and oil temp. As said though immobiliser is in the instrument cluster so needs a bit of faffing to fit and they aren't cheap, £500 I believe. I'd like to do it one day. Toby on here did it in 2013 iirc.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi, thanks!

I guess I'm searching for a different look and some more functions, a bigger multifunction display would be nice, does the caravelle's cluster have that?

There nothing wrong with the one I have know.. Trying to find something a bit more sportive since I have a MKV GTI steering wheel, whole black seats...

·
Special Rapporteur
9,793 Posts
There have been some very good threads here on upgrading the display from midline to highline spec, but it's quite expensive to do (because you have to replace the whole cluster and get it recoded). I did think about doing it when I first got my van, but did not in the end because it didn't seem great value for what you get (IMO).

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
All right, thanks anyway, It might be expensive..

Maybe changing the bulbs to bright white ones (white/red diplay) would be some update for now..
Do you happen to know how many and what kind of blue bulbs there are back on the display, some toughts about changing the blue ones into white.

Cheers,
Osku

·
Premium Member
508 Posts
£500? i've changed the instrument clusters on the last 3 vehicles i've owned and i don't think it was far over £500 for all 3 changes, so
why is it so expensive to do it to a T5?

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
£500? i've changed the instrument clusters on the last 3 vehicles i've owned and i don't think it was far over £500 for all 3 changes, so
why is it so expensive to do it to a T5?
The NEW Cluster has a surcharge & this isn't refundable as you are not returning the same clocks

·
Registered
496 Posts
Ive been looking into this for almost 3 years.

And can tell you it's a right faff!. and you need a clock set of similar date and depends on PR codes as well...on top of Some VCDS work, you need another tool to extract the pin code from youre clock's and re-tie the keys/immobiliser.

If you have a low line setup, there is wiring to do also, assuming you want trip and CC stalks to work!

Has to said the highline clocks in the caravelle execs', are very sexy thou.

Im still looking for a set from a 07/08 donor to do mine, or over 600 for hazzydays, think i will keep looking.

col.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
We have a KM & MPH Instrument Cluster available with Half Display T:

·
Registered
2,829 Posts
Slight hijack...

I have this cluster sitting on my office shelf, been there a couple of years!

Can anybody say what's it from, looking at it I assume it just has the basic functionality. I bought it off ebay few years back, it was cheap! and they said it was from a caravelle, so I bought it. But I don't think it really is a caravelle cluster ?? :*

·
Registered
539 Posts
Part numbers ending in (Last 3 numbers)

973 = highline - full display with oil and volt guages

961 & 960 = Half hight or full MFA wih no Volt/Oil temp not sure which is which

952 & 951 = Basic

This is a very quick guide to tell which pod it is - and there are some odd ones and variations on each number (year, engine size and Manual/auto)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts