VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm in a bit of a nightmare situation. My T5 has been involved in a crash involving a skoda that decided to pull out in front of me.

Long story short

As it stands:
New frontbumper + splitter
LH wing repair/replace
LH Suspension strut
Spray and filler work
Scraps to be sorted
LH front alloy bent + scuffed (unrepirable)

The other guys insurance paying have set a spend limit of £4550. The insurers repair shop are quoting £4315 using standard stock parts! I have some 18' Merit rims that aren't in production any more. The repair guys are saying that 4 new 18' wheels will right the van off. I'm being offered £3550 at the minute to take the van back and sort out the repairs myself.

1) Should I pay extra for a new set of wheels and let the shop go ahead with the repairs?

2) Take the money and find another shop and try to scrape some off the top for some new wheels?

3) Are these guys trying to short change me and should I ask for more cash in hand for repairs?

Any advice would be great dudes.

·
Registered
7,548 Posts
£4,315 may be the "trade in" value of the van (you did not say the year/model) which is usually tha maximum that any insurance company will pay out.

It may be that keeping the van & getting £3,550 off them would be the best deal - as long as your van is not recorded as a Cat** write off.

You should be able to get it sorted for less than that, even with new wheels (& eBay the other good three).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts