VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
G'day all - can anybody recommend a bunk ladder for internal access to the bunk in a pop top conversion? The only one I can find online is the Fiamma Internal Bunk Ladder, which looks more fit for purpose as a permanent fixed solution in a caravan/motorhome. What I am after is a removeable ladder for the kids. Any ideas/suggestions gratefully appreciated....

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
G'day all - can anybody recommend a bunk ladder for internal access to the bunk in a pop top conversion? The only one I can find online is the Fiamma Internal Bunk Ladder, which looks more fit for purpose as a permanent fixed solution in a caravan/motorhome. What I am after is a removeable ladder for the kids. Any ideas/suggestions gratefully appreciated....
This will be new to me - as far as I am aware, people just climb up off the front passenger seat. I:

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This will be new to me - as far as I am aware, people just climb up off the front passenger seat. I:

I've seen them on the Wellhouse i800 conversions. They position between the drive and passenger seat and will only work with a single passenger seat (not a double)

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
A friend bought a telescopic one for the kids and him to get up. He ditched it in the end as he found it easier to stand on the seat as did the kids.

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
I asked this question a while back, was advised on the telescopic ones from Maplin but none of the cheap ones are left, a few on Ebay like this one: 321400111802 Ebay also has carry bags/covers for them too T:

·
Premium Member
342 Posts
Might be a good idea to cut down a scrap Ali or wooden ladder maybe half of a loft ladder as they are slimmer. Base of a step ladder likely to be too wide. Just my lateral thinking and lots of loft ladders on eBay from 99p!

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Anyone who lives in Ireland, get in quick. Maplins have the 1.7 meter telescopic ladder for £12.99. It has been discontinued but they still have 6 left for sale in Ireland. Tried to get them to transfer stock but no joy.
Product code is N69NK if anyone lives there and wants one.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts