VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I'm currently converting a T5 Transporter panel van into a camper and im needing to source a new internal rear view mirror!

Does anybody know where i can get one from and if so how much?

My brother sourced one for his last yr off ebay but i've tried looking and had no luck

cheers

Steve

·
Registered
26 Posts
Try your local VW dealer for a genuine part, or it seems that a lot of panel vans (with no rear windows) have them, so you could ask around T5 owners, or you can get any old interior mirror from car accessory dealers (Halfords etc).

All interior mirrors are pretty much the same (unless you have auto-dipping or photochromatic ones), so even going to you local scrappy and getting one off a VW Golf/Polo would probably work

·
Registered
316 Posts
i had the same issue vw want £50! or there abouts but a windscreen man told me that its the same as a mk4 polo or gold and allot of the same aged skoda's. a mate of mine was breaking a mk4 polo so i nicked that one .. it fitted right on to the window "nipple". im happy with that. i know my good fortune doesnt help you but get on down to the scrappy and find a golf or polo its the same part.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Thanks for the tip. Just fitted one with no problems, bought it from eBay for £18, which was marked as for VW Passat or Golk mk IV

1 - 4 of 4 Posts