VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So for sale is my T5 what started out as a plumbers van has turned into over the last 4 years a massive and thoroughly enjoyable project, it’s quite honestly the best vehicle I have owned and genuinely every mile is a smile.

Basic details are it’s 1.9 SWB with 167000 miles on the clock, the mileage will go up as I am still using it mot’d until 29th September, it has a comprehensive service history with VW some of it is in the book some of it you can ask any VW dealer to put the reg no in and they will print it out for you I have an excel spreadsheet detailing everything I have spent on it it gets an oil change every 9k miles what she needs she gets. I have done most of the work myself and kept the bills as proof, she runs on VW quantum 5w40, egr mapped out, pipe removed and blanked off.

New clutch December 2019, new cambelt done March 2018, (both done at VW and have the bills to prove) new glow plugs and wiring loom September 2019, Stance plus coil overs fitted December 2018 they make it handle very very well, it runs and drives superbly we have driven all over Europe in it several times and it soaks up the miles really well. Uses half a litre of oil between oil changes. Was a 102 now remapped to around 135-140 has been mapped for nearly 4 years now no issues. Comes with 2 x remote locking keys

Exterior

Side bars
Roof rails with roof cross bars
C Section awning rail
Landrover discovery 18 inch fat 5 spoke rims tyres are on around 3-4mm Michelins up front and Nexen’s on the rear (the Nexens have been very very good, I should add it’s been aligned twice properly with people who know what they are doing and it’s spot on doesn’t wear it’s tyres unevenly at all.
Front fog lights fitted by me with Phillips uprated bulbs
Driving lamps love them or hate them they do work and main beam is excellent again fitted by me
Headlights fitted with Phillips extreme vision 130 bulbs, all of the lighting work was done to give what I think a superb night driving setup and I have driven a lot miles all over Europe at night and haven’t wanted for anything else.
Rear Door spoilers
Transporter side graphics in the Porsche type script
Team heko wind deflectors (excellent bit of kit)
Under engine cover fitted, I didn’t fancy doing lots of long journeys without one fitted it’s a used but genuine VW one quite rare apparently.
Mudflaps front and rear
T6 flat blade wipers and arms
All panels have been clay barred and regularly polished, yes it took sometime but was well worth it in the end

Interior

Sound deadened using a huge roll of Tecsound 50sy, the only panels not done were the front doors although they do have a little on the outer metal panel to help speaker acoustics.
Insulated using the recycled coke bottle stuff from B&Q
Carpeted courtesy of mega van mats 4 way stretch
Headlining in the rear is now covered in alcantara
Golf GT 3 spoke steering wheel (the multi function buttons don’t work) sooo much nicer than the original plastic wheel
Front Golf GT Sports Seats drivers seat has had the base foam replaced these are super comfy and so much more supportive than the standard van seats. The van originally had the bench seat which was like sitting on a park bench, so I sourced a single seat base, should you wish to change them then any VW/Audi/ Skoda/Seat seat will fit that are bolted in using 4 spline headed bolts I believe the seat base runners are all the same.
Outside temp gauge
Alpine CD / Ra
Blam speaker upgrade giving you tweeters in the dash and a massive upgrade of speaker in the doors (courtesy of Absolut T5) sounds amazing I was recommended these speakers by Absolut and they just work so well.
2x 12v sockets in the rear.

Despite the orignal Axminster carpet look underneath is a Kombi type rubber/foam floor to be honest it was for a twin slider van van but i got it so cheap frankly I didn't car and kept our original floor covering, there is a table and table rail that will be included in the sale as well along with a few other bits if t5 in my garage.

Kombi triple seat bench fitted done properly by both me and Combe Valley Campers, using all the correct genuine brackets and seat belts, I did the C pillar seat belt mounts which are riveted in using the correct size rivets, Combe Valley did the hard part of dropping the tank and fitting the chassis rail brackets.

The seat folds flat or it can fold up behind the front seats or you can take it out (it’s heavy very heavy)

In the rear of the van is 2/3rds of what was a rock and roll bed (the other 3rd is in the loft which will go with the van) now we wanted to retain the ability to sleep in the van after the Kombi seats had been fitted so I removed one section of the bed, raised the bed up to be level with the Kombi seat when that’s flat and made a board to go over the seat so you don’t puncture the seat back, so the bed has a foam mattress and we also have a memory foam topper as well, benefit of raising the bed was that we gained a bit more space underneath.

Our only reason for selling it is we are moving abroad and where we are going won’t allow rhd vehicles to be registered I am gutted and it will be a very sad day when it leaves us. Price is £10,250 pics were taken last weekend

ou tweeters in the dash and a massive upgrade of speaker in the doors (courtesy of Absolut T5) sounds amazing I was recommended these speakers by Absolut and they just work so well.
2x 12v sockets in the rear

Kombi triple seat bench fitted done properly by both me and Combe Valley Campers, using all the correct genuine brackets and seat belts, I did the C pillar seat belt mounts which are riveted in using the correct size rivets, Combe Valley did the hard part of dropping the tank and fitting the chassis rail brackets.

The seat folds flat or it can fold up behind the front seats or you can take it out (it’s heavy very heavy)

In the rear of the van is 2/3rds of what was a rock and roll bed (the other 3rd is in the loft which will go with the van) now we wanted to retain the ability to sleep in the van after the Kombi seats had been fitted so I removed one section of the bed, raised the bed up to be level with the Kombi seat when that’s flat and made a board to go over the seat so you don’t puncture the seat back, so the bed has a foam mattress and we also have a memory foam topper as well, benefit of raising the bed was that we gained a bit more space underneath.

Our only reason for selling it is we are moving abroad and where we are going won’t allow rhd vehicles to be registered I am gutted and it will be a very sad day when it leaves us. She has been to UK, Wales, France, Belgium, Luxembourg, Germany, Italy Austria and Slovenia, longest trip was 965 miles Slovenia to Calais in one hit awesome drive. Call me on 07788809780 Thanks Iain

·
Premium Member
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am flexible ish on price btw, just got back from a week away just over 650 miles to a tankfull!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts