VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,
I'm trying to remove the front headliner on my Kombi which has a sunroof fitted. I have the headliner mostly released but I am struggling to remove the A pillar hand rails and to identify where the upper light cluster which has the sunroof dial is fixed. Can anyone help.

Thanks, Steve

·
Registered
167 Posts
On my Kombi (2006) there's only one handrail & that's on passenger side above the door not on A pillar. But maybe the fixing is same as yours - pull the handle down & see there's a plastic cover on each end- these can be lifted carefully with a fine blade, to reveal bolts.
For the roof light cluster, use blade to remove blank plastic plate furthest from windscreen, & behind are two fixing bolts. Lower the whole unit carefully - the sunroof & light cables will come down with it.
Good luck - it's a lot of faff removing the from headlining & even more getting in back looking right.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
On my Kombi (2006) there's only one handrail & that's on passenger side above the door not on A pillar. But maybe the fixing is same as yours - pull the handle down & see there's a plastic cover on each end- these can be lifted carefully with a fine blade, to reveal bolts.
For the roof light cluster, use blade to remove blank plastic plate furthest from windscreen, & behind are two fixing bolts. Lower the whole unit carefully - the sunroof & light cables will come down with it.
Good luck - it's a lot of faff removing the from headlining & even more getting in back looking right.
Hi Thanks for that. I managed to get the cover off and I managed to get it all out.
Cheers,
Steve

1 - 3 of 3 Posts