VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm getting my interior done, everything apart from kitchen/cupboards, but have been given mixed advice ref solid wall/ceiling panels or individual lined smaller panels per section?

Firstly, pros and cons?
Secondly, who do you recommend in the southwest?
Finally, I am having the following work done, do you recommend anyone in the southwest?

Relined: strip out old
Re insulate
New robust floor and step
LED ceiling lights
Leisure battery, split and sockets
Heater diesel
Parking sensors (with new bumper)
Curtains fitted
Table fitted
Cruise control (last priority)

Thank you, Sharky.

·
Premium Member
3,304 Posts
You definitely need to have the metalwork on the walls carpeted first, then the seperate panels carpeted and fixed in place (preferably using hidden fixings). Eventually, you will need to get behind a panel for one thing or another, whether its electrical, sliding door, or even a body repair:eek:. Once you have done enough vans, you realise that although doing it all in one go is easier and uses less carpet, in the end it causes more problems.
As for the ceiling, personally I have never had any luck doing it in one piece due to the 2 way curve on the roof. Others have said theirs worked without warping. I suppose if you fix it in enough places then it wont warp. Personally I like to keep it the same as the original headlininhg with 2 panels and 2 strips. Alternatively a stripped ceiling works well.

·
Premium Member
4,701 Posts
Hi, I'm getting my interior done, everything apart from kitchen/cupboards, but have been given mixed advice ref solid wall/ceiling panels or individual lined smaller panels per section?

Firstly, pros and cons?
Secondly, who do you recommend in the southwest?
Finally, I am having the following work done, do you recommend anyone in the southwest?

Relined: strip out old
Re insulate
New robust floor and step
LED ceiling lights
Leisure battery, split and sockets
Heater diesel
Parking sensors (with new bumper)
Curtains fitted
Table fitted
Cruise control (last priority)

Thank you, Sharky.
Definitely do separate panels, can be removed for future wiring etc, done all in one is a much cheaper easier way of doing it, and Dosent look so good

Like EJ we use 2 ceiling panels, unless it's got a factory sunroof, then we offer a single piece, and we always trim it lighter otherwise it looks to closed in..

·
Premium Member
4,701 Posts
nice work absolute... whhat material on the panels in the last pic looks like suede on my pc

cheers

Aj
Marine grade Vinyl, yes it looks like suede, put that down to the camera, can do Suede if required..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts