VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI

I have a T5 LWB camervan that has been converted from a T5 panel van. It is fully fitted out, (boarded and lined with carpet, kitchen, bed and cupboards). There have been 2 windows fitted, one into the sliding door and one into the opposite panel (above the kitchen unit) but when I am sitting in the rear seat I seem very far away and it is dark as the seat is behind the side windows. IM not sure how to remedy this. I think I need to either fit a window into the rear panel or change the bed to one that sits further forward in the camper van. Im not even sure if either of those options is possible. So here is my question...

Can you fit a window into a camper that has been boarded out and lined with carpet?
Do some bed fittings sit further forward in the campervan than others?

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
849 Posts
I have a T5 SWB just fitted a sunroof @ the cab end the next sunroof is going above RnR bed loads of light hope this helps :)

·
Registered
410 Posts
The short answer is yes and yes. I know what you mean, it can be a bit dark for the people in the back. I think you need to ask yourself if it will be a camper or a car more as if it is to be a camper more I would leave the window as it would be a bit of hassle. Which bed have you got?

·
Registered
110 Posts
I have a window in the nearside rear panel of our LWB campervan for reason you state, I rarely carry any passengers it just makes living in the van more enjoyable. Any conversion company will easily fit one for you.

Having the seat/bed as far back as possible lets you have more living space and maximises cupboard space, I like the open space that provides especially in a LWB. Moving the bed forward, which can be done, means you lose the large living area and space for cupboards but gain 'boot' space.

The Rib bed slides back for living and forward for traveling/sleeping but it's only 20cms of travel.

So as partofthechaos said it depends what your priorities rare

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
We put a sliding RIB and rear window in ours and I really like it. The 20cms feels like more and makes for a versatile approach to accomodation.

Having had an SWB t4 we didn't mind the lack of rear window, but I always liked the potential to get more light in.

AS said above, most converters should be able to stick another window in. That will probably be cheaper than a bed change so start there and see how you get on.

Dave

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for your reply

Im not sure what type of bed, it pulls out and then pushes in on a roller rathern a rock n roll bed

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for your replies. Really helpful, I think I will get a window put in as the bed is a pretty major expense.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts