VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am bout to embark on this journey of conversion.
Has anybody done a LWB T5 with a toilet in? Any pictures please so i can see the layout, thanks.

·
Registered
711 Posts
Has anybody done a LWB T5 with a toilet in? Any pictures please so i can see the layout, thanks.
Do you really want people taking a dump in your pride and joy?

·
Premium Member
6,277 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Do you really want people taking a dump in your pride and joy?
Haha, not really. But I unfortunately have a disabled daughter and would require a toilet on board for her. I intend on a full awning and a lifting roof also.

·
Registered
2,745 Posts
I have no pics but the brother knows someone who has it in a 'foot stool' hidden so can be used in more ways then one and is hidden! Also can be moved around I'm guessing it's emptied before travelling :eek:

·
Premium Member
6,277 Posts
Just to confirm. Do you mean a van with a bathroom or the ability to carry a toilet concealed in a cupboard etc?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I don't need the bathroom, just a toilet. Seen some images of a toilet at the back in some kind of cupboard, this would be ideal.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Bobley, yes your links show a perfect example of toilet I could use in the conversion.

Anybody have one, how is that layout to use?

·
Registered
16 Posts
We have a Concept Multicar Ci Elle, which is the forerunner of their multistyle with the layout reversed. The doors are modified to access the cupboard behind.
It works well for us as it still has 4 travelling seats and a double bed. Wouldn't like to try to sleep 4 adults tough.
We are both pensioners but still love the T5 but it makes the toilet a necessity.(you wait you'll get there one day)

If you have the fixed cassette toilet, you can fit one of these http://www.soguk.co.uk/ I fabricated my own and vented it through the floor by the spare wheel. You can dump all day and no smell inside - Any smell gets sucked outside so don't go nosing around underneath while it's in use. The website says no chemicals but don't go there as it's awful when you empty it.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I will do the conversion myself, purchasing parts as funds are available. Checking out some vehicles this weekend... Can't wait.

·
Registered
694 Posts
We built a cubby seat for the portaloo in our T5, behind the passenger seat. Loads of space in a LWB and handy to sit with a cuppa in the morning with the sliding door open (trousers up of course!) :eek:

The passenger seat is on a swivel so you can sit with your feet up.

Anyway the dog commandeered it for himself as it offered a good vantage point.

Lid was a temporary affair so a bit tatty, this was in Spain at Easter :)

·
Premium Member
124 Posts
Hi

Hillside Leisure Cromford

and

Jerba Sanna

Both have rear toilets. Both on show at NEC from today as is the Danbury.

xlray

1 - 13 of 13 Posts