VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys,
ive got issues with selecting the air direction.

searching the interwebs, it looks like the issue is due to the kinking of the control cable.
it was revised from a braided cable to a solid core.

Ive managed to find the part numbers and a supplier online

is the latest revision of the part number a solid cable? below are the latest number i can find.

7H2819835D defroster flap cable rhd blue/green
7H2819833C cable for foot well flap rhd yellow/blue
7H2819837C cable for temp control rhd red/blue

http://www.oemepc.com/vw/part_single/catalog/vw/markt/RDW/modell/TR/year/2004/drive_standart/411/hg_ug/820/subcategory/820005/part_id/3708526/lang/e#sec_19

Is it worth replacing all cables while i got the dash apart. or does the heater / foot well cable not get effected by the kinking?

·
Premium Member
922 Posts
I've got the same problem, it's to do with the white dinner plate which sits behind the stereo, while turning the direction control the plate doesn't rotate correctly, I'm yet to work out a solution unfortunately. Mine has had the solid bar upgrade so it must be something else that's not working.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ive been searching the net. might also be to do with the cam gear at the other end on the heat/vent flap

have you got upgraded solid cable for all 3 cables??

·
Registered
19 Posts
I get good flow to all positions but the screen, upgraded to solid cables and the later 3/4 turn controls, if I manually operate the cam on the air distribution unit under the dash I can close the flap manually that last little bit and get good flow to the screen, looking on the parts listing there was a repair kit for this part, was being the operative word! I'm thinking about adding a spring to pull on the cam to assist it in shutting fully or just closing the flap manually and not moving it off the screen setting till summer LOL:

·
Premium Member
922 Posts
I get good flow to all positions but the screen, upgraded to solid cables and the later 3/4 turn controls, if I manually operate the cam on the air distribution unit under the dash I can close the flap manually that last little bit and get good flow to the screen, looking on the parts listing there was a repair kit for this part, was being the operative word! I'm thinking about adding a spring to pull on the cam to assist it in shutting fully or just closing the flap manually and not moving it off the screen setting till summer LOL:
This is what I'm currently doing T:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts