VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I Noticed my new van had offside reverse light out so checked all of the lights and noticed the rear nearside fog was out too.

So I check the bulb and looks A OK:confused:

So I look at the wiring and there's no wire to the connector? This looks original. The location where the wire should be is bunged up with a green stopper.

So do T5's only have a fog light on the offside? Can I run down the loom to find the wire and connect it back up?

I'd like to have both on so I can annoy any tailgatorsRasp:

I tried a search but nada came up.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Mine is the same. All complete except the wire.

The wire is a Grey / White according to my wiring diagram. I think if the vehicle is prepared for a tow bar there is a connector on the Left 'D' pillar otherwise it is continious to the front so you will have to connect into it.

Rod.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi Rod, thanks.

I pulled the grommet out and the wiring dissapears into the darkness. The taping is fabric on the inside and shiny insulation tape on the outside. There might be an extra wire in there (apparent lump which no doubt will turn out to be a lump of insulation tape!) so I'll unwrap it to find out.

When it stops persisting down!

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
I had to open the loom on both sides to connect my towbar socket cabling. I fitted multi way connectors into the loom wiring each side so that the towbar cable was removable without problem.

I think that the right side rear light cable runs over the rear lid (or doors) to the left side to go forwards to the front along roof above the windows. If you still have access to the roof at the left rear corner I think you should find it all there. I took some pictures of mine 'naked' before I started to trim it out.

Rod.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts