1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
Can anybody help ?
Got a T5 1.9 tdi 2006
Changed turbo fresh oil and blue smoke is out the back along with neat oil dripping through exhaust - no oil left and turned engine off
Oil cap when removed sounds like a can of coke opening high pressure
Engine died I think

any views thanks

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Sounds like the engine breather is blocked or kinked, probably has something to do with the turbo replacement.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi checked the PCV on top and all clear
Driving me inside - I think too much crank case compression blow by and possible killing turbo

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Was it like this before the turbo replacement, I was assuming after the turbo replacement? Why was the turbo replaced?

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
So the old turbo was worn out, but I assume before changing it the crank case compression was reasonably normal, and the oil consumption not extreme, and no oil pouring out of the exhaust? If this was the case, the engine internals should still be fine. It's got to have something to do with the new turbo, maybe it's also knackered, or has no seals fitted?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So the old turbo was worn out, but I assume before changing it the crank case compression was reasonably normal, and the oil consumption not extreme, and no oil pouring out of the exhaust? If this was the case, the engine internals should still be fine. It's got to have something to do with the new turbo, maybe it's also knackered, or has no seals fitted?
Hiya

I think crankcase compression was height before this
Engine knackered

1 - 9 of 9 Posts