VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently have a T5 SWB and am using it as my daily driver but am thinking for the amount of time spent using it as a camper compared to as a car perhaps something a little smaller such as a caddy may be a better compromise. Another reason to change the van is my wife finds it difficult to drive the due to being vertically challenged and even with the seat in its lowest setting she has a hard time resting her heels on the floor when operating the pedals.

I have a few questions which I hope you guys and girls can help me with, I really like the look of the face lifted SWB caddy but need rear seats which are removable and fold flat into a bed (like my caravelle rear seat). Will the bed be long enough (1.8m) does the passenger seat and/or drivers seat fold flat to give extra space when in bed mode?

·
Registered
276 Posts
Hi Buddy,

front seats on a caddy do not fold forwards, unless you change the seats for Touran ones which a lot of guys do as the standard caddy ones are so uncomfortable! but even then only the passenger one folds forward.

I have rear seats in my from a caddy maxi and have built a platform that when my rear seats are folded down the platform sits flush with the seats and makes quite a nice size bed, and with the seats pushed right the way forward there is plenty of room for me at 5 foot 11 inches.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, this looks great. I have built a similar board for the back of my transporter as the caravelle seat needs an extension piece to make a bed.

Do Touran front seats and caddy maxi seats fit without modification? I have just joined caddy 2k forum as I have been told this is the place to go for all things caddy. Hopefully going to make the change next month :)

·
Registered
276 Posts
Yep caddy 2k forum is the place to get all the info you needT:

If you buy the Touran seat bases they bolt straight in and pretty much allow you to fit any vw mk5 platform seats, and various audi seats without any modification.

Caddy maxi and touran seats in the rear do however need a bit more work to make them fit, lots of welding etc needed.

Sirus automotive up near Birmingham fitted mine and costs about £1000.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts