VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it me but I have been watching these guys in London for the last few months. Every thing they sell is at inflated prices, anumber of items are just the same as the main dear or TPS!

They by the looks of things get alot from Europe and ship it in. Who buys from them?

I was looking at a rear trim they wanted £46 !! for and it was available at the main dealer for £26.95 +vat NEW!!

now whats made me chuckle is this slider door!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Left-slid...568487&po=LVI&ps=63&clkid=4742570430322382849

do they think people are stupid!

even the tail gates they put up for sale are stripped of all the parts you need to fit them like hinge's etc etc. But they sell them also by the time you worked out the extras your tail gate would have cost more by another 50%

I know people want to make a living but this just looks almost robbery. I bought my Tailgate Complete !! for £340 less than 20 miles from where they are! so guys shop about before your tempted. The guy in the parts department rolled his eyes when i mentioned about them on ebay. Then they come to me he said, quess who makes a sale.. me!

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
They are a polish firm, Most of their stuff is posted direct from abroad, come on £100 postage on the sliding door:eek: Not very often I would buy any genuine parts from anywhere but TPS, even the servicing parts are not that bad!

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
My first though was anyone had a California stolen recently?

Had the local community support officer round the industrial estate few weeks ago. He was saying cars are stolen, into a container and off out the country before they have been reported stolen. I guess then stripped down and sold as parts. Seeing company's selling everything from a vehicle does concern me.

But I'm sure this company doesn't do that! And I'm nothing to do with them and iv never been in contact with them.

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I watched a programme about Nigeria and the local Chief of Police had been send by UK insurance companies a Tracker Radar.

He was in a helicopter with the film crew hovering over a random main road in his city and he switched it on..

The radar jammed in just a few momements with the sheer number of UK trackers sending out signals from Stolen UK cars.

Even top gear made a joke about it when they were in some where like Bugaria or some where, where the stolen UK cars where so blantend they still had their UK plates on them!! and just driving around!

In the US no car is alowed out the country for export ( used I am talking about here ) with out the local Police having checked it over.

Then it flags up if the car has been stolen cars have been known to be stopped after being sold over many decades before being detected. One was stolen in 1960 it was a speedster Porsche 356 the owner never claimed for the car and there for it was still his. Police reconected him back with his car some 45 years later and he did ok as the car had been restored!! buyer bummed out on the deal, I guess he would have to sue the seller.

anyway back to the parts..

I am just pointing out the price of the T5 parts no wounder many of their items are relisted on ebay time and time and time again!! for the same item.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Anyone stating "PARTS NOT POSSIBLE TO COLLECT" would have alarm bells ringing with me anyhow. I work all over the U.K and we have depots all over the U.K, therefore i am always thinking one of our depots could collect if there is something i am after. Thats the first thing. Now having someone tell you its NOT POSSIBLE TO COLLECT and in bad english would definatley have me thinking....NO WAY!!! JOSET:

·
Premium Member
1,678 Posts
regarding complete california interiors.. if the interiors from direct from VW theyd cost a fortune, if their proto parts that have escaped from a factory they may well be unsafe / low quality.. If they are genuine i cannot see how anyone could legitimatly obtain a relaible supply of complete cali interiors via normal means, their just arent enough of these things about that could be involved in insurance write off and strip down.. dosent add up..
their is only one reason i can see that would make anyone break calis on a regular basis...and if you like your cars n vans it should leave a bad taste in your mouth if you have ever had someone borrow yours in the middle of the night.

·
Premium Member
858 Posts
there allways trying to sell stuf at way over the top money there is also people selling damaged t5 and t5.1 front bumpers for new money with eg grills broke that are part the bumper and not aval separatly

1 - 8 of 8 Posts