VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Will do a deal with a forum member ,also after an eberspatcher set up for the new T4 !

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
I'm not sure that makes sence to buy that and do it up. Theres a project and there's a project!!

Makes sence to break it but really I can't see much more than the value he is asking for it in parts!

·
Super Moderator
9,210 Posts
What's another engine going cost:* say 4-5k then there is the gearbox, running gear, bushes and bearings I say another 2.5-3k. then the conversion :eek: as said above maybe more money into to break than to repair but there again there's always someone who wants a cheap project. Would be easier to sell it in one bit then its all gone but good luck with the sale.

·
Registered
71 Posts
it could be burning off the oil in the cat and pipe
when my 4x4 turbo went it smoked like a red arrow for days after as it burnt all the oil off, and that was with flushing the pipe out with brake cleaner aswell

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the positive comments on the van guys .Also to the ones stating the obvious i tend to agree and i feel sorry for the folks who have parted with serious cash for them as this one here for sale was serious cash 5 years ago ,so yes your 18+k van could also be worth 3k (or less as you imply) in only 5 years time !

Anyway

Turns out that there might not be major problem with the engine as i hadnt coded the new injector to the ecu ,(didnt know i had to do this )

Its a unique 9 digit code which needs to be in place for it to work ,and in the correct order .Genuine ross tech guy couldnt get in to the ecu today with vcds ,it shows that number 4 is overfueling and only vw software can get access to change it or enter the code .

So what needs doing is .....Front off ... inlet off....cam cover off... take a note of all the 9 digit codes off each injector in the correct order . Put it all back together and tell the ecu the codes for each injector in the correct order ,(i can supply the vw techs phone number to the purchaser for a chat )

This is what ive been told ,i dont know if its correct as i didnt know and didnt do it I:Nor can i be a r s e'd to do it as im sick of being freezing on the drive and scraping my knuckles removing the bumper bolts behind the wings ,My work load has picked up and just dont have the time or energy .

The van started literally first touch of the key covered in thick frost at 7ish this morning no knocks bumps bangs ,and the smoke is pretty minimal ,and less noticable moving along .I drove it today approx 18 miles and it pulls like a train and sounds nice and quiet .

Ive found out the bill of sale from 06 and every mot ,fail,advisory. service book all stamped up ,longlife oil ,also found all the warranty repair paperwork,even all the tax discs ;)

Got all receipts for New DMF under 4 months ago along with new drive shafts .

As for price well who can tell ? ive had several offers over 3k and have 114 watchers , over the weekend i was toying with the idea

to fix it and keep it ,but ive made my mind up its going, i have my best lead calling in the morning to do a deal .

I also have a 1960 ,23 window samba walkthrough project, going on ebay that ive owned for 10 years bought for peanuts, for far too much money prob 8-10 x what it is actually worth as a vehicle ,but as people say its a dub thing isnt it ?

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The turbo was reconditioned and re fitted ,and i thought they hadnt done it right so i bought a vw turbo off a 08 plate right off with a 3 month money back guarentee

Just because i didn't answer an email ive had loads of abuse off a guy wanting it ,its a horible nightmare selling stuff i hate it

164 watchers ! WEIRD

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
Forum member sorry to hear of your issues..

I agree ebay and selling in general can be a real pain in the ase..

Is it worth just trying that bit more do you think?

Some one may be able to help.. if you have the interest which you seem to have then you know the base price is always going to be £3k or more. You can always relist it again...... I agree it's a night mear that you could be going along one mo and then £££££££££ the next. I feel for you..

But as a van as a straight sale it's worth what your asking just. I only know what I have seen with Cat D or Cat C ones going for less but not much. That need body repair.

Breaking it could get your more with out a doubt but the time it takes to shift stuff can be an issue. You have a shell that is useable for a damaged van so I recon you could break for 5k is not abit more.

I wish you luck with this but give it some thought taking it to VW to get it coded it could be that you are with in grasp of having a van running again. Pop in a window on the side and sell as a van, carpet the back to make it nice should help push it along abit..

Good luck T: Just think if it costs you say £250-£500 more and it runs your laughing it doesn't then it was just a gamble.. and you should still clear £3k I would gamble personaly. :ILU:

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Forum member sorry to hear of your issues..

I agree ebay and selling in general can be a real pain in the ase..

Is it worth just trying that bit more do you think?

Some one may be able to help.. if you have the interest which you seem to have then you know the base price is always going to be £3k or more. You can always relist it again...... I agree it's a night mear that you could be going along one mo and then £££££££££ the next. I feel for you..

But as a van as a straight sale it's worth what your asking just. I only know what I have seen with Cat D or Cat C ones going for less but not much. That need body repair.

Breaking it could get your more with out a doubt but the time it takes to shift stuff can be an issue. You have a shell that is useable for a damaged van so I recon you could break for 5k is not abit more.

I wish you luck with this but give it some thought taking it to VW to get it coded it could be that you are with in grasp of having a van running again. Pop in a window on the side and sell as a van, carpet the back to make it nice should help push it along abit..

Good luck T: Just think if it costs you say £250-£500 more and it runs your laughing it doesn't then it was just a gamble.. and you should still clear £3k I would gamble personaly. :ILU:
Thanks for the advise ,i am in a position to break it as i dont really need the cash (not wanting to sound silly) but it is an idea ive been toying with .

The whole codeing thing is a bit of a pain as i need the codes off the injectors which means i have to strip the front off (again) buy the new bolts (again) and then book it in somewhere i can trust (3 guys have took £40 each off me to tell me nothing i didnt already know)
Ebay is a complete loony factory ! someone asked if it 's hpi clear has it got aircon ,have you got every receipt and all old mot's :*

I really dont know what to do with it ,how bout break it and make a trailer :) that would make me happy I: not the wife tho ;)

My dad has just given me a 54 plate t5 1.9 with a busted driveshaft/gearbox for scrap value but ive declined it for now .,ill decide tomorrow over a nice drink in the comfy chair A:
I missed a t4 syncro caravelle that i liked the look of :( .

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Its 3k to anyone off the t4 forum T:

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Re: T5 project 2006 £ SOLD

Sorry ,i forgot to update the post ,the van was sold to a conversion company to convert then go for crash testing .

1 - 17 of 17 Posts