VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I'm wondering if anyone could help I'm putting a set of range rover wheels on to my 2014 T5 the back wheels are rubbing I'm going to buy some spaces and bolts gut don't know what size to get. my pal says 20mL any suggestions would be appreciated thanks Steve

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hi Steve
I had RR 275/40/20 wheel/tyre fitted with no problems whatsoever on our T5.1 with standard suspension.
We had Hub-centric 10mm spacers with 78.8mm long bolts (overall length).
Really enjoyed the ride as the wide tyre rode over the potholes rather than dip into them!
Only reason we went back to 16" because we didn't fancy coping with punctures on our travels and having to accommodate the dead wheel in the cabin as it wouldn't fit in the carrier without mods... also cost considerations if we had to replace it abroad.
The bolts, spacers and wheels currently taking up space in the garage.
DSC_1955.jpg
DSC_1956.jpg
DSC_1957.jpg

Sent from my G8141 using Tapatalk

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi,

Newbie Here.

Sorry to hijack the thread but I’m in the same boat !

I have a set of Range Rover 20” alloys with 275/40/20 tyres.

Im planning to lower the van around 50mm on a spring kit, will these then rub on the inner arches ?

Or will a 10mm spacer do the trick.

Thanks in advance :)

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hi,

Newbie Here.

Sorry to hijack the thread but I’m in the same boat !

I have a set of Range Rover 20” alloys with 275/40/20 tyres.

Im planning to lower the van around 50mm on a spring kit, will these then rub on the inner arches ?

Or will a 10mm spacer do the trick.

Thanks in advance :)
Hi Pfk
Can't help you there I'm afraid as ours has not been lowered, but I'm sure someone here will be able to assist...

Sent from my G8141 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
798 Posts
Mines is low on hr springs, rears didn't really need spacers as didn't rub , front only slightly rubbed on full lock , but decided to go 10mm spacers all round, no issues at all .👍

·
Registered
7 Posts
I was looking at the HR 50mm lowering springs, can I ask what the ride is like ?

Appreciate it’s a bit stiffer is the ride still good though, do you have any pics of your van ?

Many thanks

·
Registered
798 Posts
the ride is a little stiff but to be honest i don't mind, wife doesn't like it though so good reason for her not to drive the bus lol .will go look for pic 👍

1 - 13 of 13 Posts