VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased secondhand kombi seats. I was going to get a company to fit them for me but i wasn't prepared to pay +-£350 for installation. So after reading numerous threads I decided to have a go myself. Before anyone critises the way i did it, i admit this way is not the ideal way to do it but it does work and all i did was cut holes in the heat shield and lower the fuel tank by a few inches. Hardly a big deal. I've attached pics. The whole process took about 3 hours and all it invloved was some careful measureing and cutting/drilling

·
Registered
134 Posts
Hi the tank has (2 or 3) straps, if you remove the dirt guard from the side, you will see the left hand side bolts, the right hand side (nearer the middel) are all visible.

I placed a jack and sheet of ply under the tank, took the weight up with the jack, and then loosened the bolts, allowing me to slowwly lower the tank. From memory i had to remove the screws holding the filler neck in place.

I was then able to access seat bolts etc..., once complete reversed the operation.

Hope this helps.

thanks

PK

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi mate, I know this thread is rather old now but worth a shot, I'm going to be fitting kombi seats into my van this week, can you tell me if the floor pan underneath or inside the van has dimples marked to drill the holes for the quick release mounts?
Thanks

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Morning
It was awhile ago however if my memory serves me well then yes there are dimples/indentations where you drill the holes. It was clearly visible.
Hope that helps. Hope the fit goes well
Mick

1 - 8 of 8 Posts