VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My T5 rear sliding door is definetly shut yet the alarm on the dash is on and BEEPING. The central locking system works except that when locked the red LED on the drivers side door is not on, due to the sliding door sensor not registering that the door is closed (I assume). The sliding door has an electric motor in the door that when the handle is lifted the door opens.
Since this fault, it appears that there is no power to the door. I have used a multimeter to check for voltage at the door contacts and found no supply. I have checked all fuses & found all OK.
Can anyone assist?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Found that the electric control unit located in the left rear quarter panel was faulty. Unplugged the unit & the alarm has cleared. The only draw back is now the rear sliding door when opened does not register anymore. I priced the electric controller from VW & for $495 dollars I will live with this inconvenience.

·
Registered
10,602 Posts
Are you sure it is the control unit that's faulty? Normal problem with these is the sliding contacts on the top runner. Not easy to see.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I don't have an electric door but my door open alarm sounds when I go over bumps - it's doing my head in! As per the last post, any suggestions how to check the sensor?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts