VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I just bought a T5 and it only came with 1 key. I am being quoted £200 from VW to get me a new key. £130 for the key and then £70 to programme it. Seems like a total rip off but I am not sure what options I have. anyone have any bright ideas?

·
Registered
90 Posts
I have lived with one key for over two years and refuse to pay crazy prices for another.
My solution get in touch with campertronic on the net.
I emailed them a picture of my key and they sent a "wet" key basically a key that will get you in the van should you lock your only key in the van.

Works for me

Cheers

·
Registered
90 Posts
I have just had a look today and they have gone up to a collossal £12.50.

Basically a non coded key wont start van but will get you in van should you lock your one and only key in your van.

Good solution me thinks just dont lose you coded key !!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
207 Posts
Not down your way but I've recently been quoted £65+vat for a coded key (not flip type) by a Central Scotland auto locksmith recommended to me by a friend.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the info guys I am going to take a look at these options.

I still think I need a key because if I lose it then I'll be stuck. Problem with a non-coded key is that I don't think the engine would start because it has an immobiliser. :(

If I find anything out I'll post back here for people.

Cheers.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am in the same position and have been quoted £150 today for what sounds like my original flip key.
This was at my local auto locksmith, I didn't even want to ask at VW:eek:

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am in the same position and have been quoted £150 today for what sounds like my original flip key.
This was at my local auto locksmith, I didn't even want to ask at VW. :eek:

·
Registered
132 Posts
I Paid £135.00 for coded flip key, Southport, Merseyside.
The locksmith copied the original, then put a new electronic code
into the new and the original key.
Somewhere is the second key coded to your van, this eliminates
that key from starting the vehicle.

Two months later shut the drivers door and the van deadlocked itself ,
with both keys inside!
Autoglass to the rescue.....

Have now also got a "wet key " hidden under the van.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Got 2 surf keys cut based on photos sent to campertronic and they worked a treat at a festival. Main key stashed in van so we could power van when required

·
Registered
2,449 Posts
if anyone needs spare keys - we will be at Volkspower in Redcar this coming weekend. T4/T5 manual transponder keys £55, t5 two/three button flip remotes £100

·
Premium Member
207 Posts
if anyone needs spare keys - we will be at Volkspower in Redcar this coming weekend. T4/T5 manual transponder keys £55, t5 two/three button flip remotes £100
Sounds like a deal, I recently paid £110+vat, so £132 for a coded 2 button flip remote, although that was from a mobile locksmith who came round to mine

1 - 15 of 15 Posts