VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Premium Member
494 Posts
I've got mine on monthly payments.

2008 (58plate) 2.5tdi BNZ Kombi £23 per month, works out to just under £300 per year.

·
Registered
107 Posts
When I bought mine a few months ago I had no idea what it would cost until I contacted the DVLA...
They could be overcharging me but i'm not sure i would know :ROFLMAO:
Of you really want to know.....do an HPI check. When I checked the one I'm buying the rate came up.
Screenshot_20210504-103955.png

·
Registered
15 Posts
That's what mine cost's, I think I was kidding myself into thinking it would be cheaper...
By the sounds of it, it could be worse :)

·
Registered
36 Posts
Mine is £614 when paid monthly too. A 2006 Caravelle SE registered 1st August, with the 2.5 130 BNZ engine. On the V5 it states 227g/km which is two grams over the threshold for the lower tax bracket...

Sent from my Moto Z2 Play using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
494 Posts
Mine is £614 when paid monthly too. A 2006 Caravelle SE registered 1st August, with the 2.5 130 BNZ engine. On the V5 it states 227g/km which is two grams over the threshold for the lower tax bracket...

Now you've got the same engine as me yet you're in a much higher bracket!
Someone's got to be smoking something to get these figures! Probably a game of roulette or something!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Now you've got the same engine as me yet you're in a much higher bracket!
Someone's got to be smoking something to get these figures! Probably a game of roulette or something!
Totally agree, the grams per km measurement seem to be generally affected by vehicle weight, but looking at various Caravelle's, their figures vary so much. Mine is a manual SE, but I'm sure I've seen post 2006 Executive autos, which would technically be heavier in the lower tax bracket...

·
Registered
72 Posts
2011 T5.1 CAAC 2.0 TDI T30 = £265 for 12 months

Sent from my G8141 using Tapatalk
I taxed mine on Monday, via their website, are you sure yours is reflective of current pricing?

So last year mine was £265! every year everything is going up, and the state of the roads are going down!

·
Premium Member
494 Posts
By the looks.of it, its a lucky dip with what we get charged!
Totally agree, the grams per km measurement seem to be generally affected by vehicle weight, but looking at various Caravelle's, their figures vary so much. Mine is a manual SE, but I'm sure I've seen post 2006 Executive autos, which would technically be heavier in the lower tax bracket...

Its ridiculous how much extra they are charging!

·
Registered
36 Posts
It is ridiculous, I could have looked for an older Caravelle (or a T5.1) to avoid it but this one ticked all the boxes for me so chose to accept it.
My main concern is what happens long term, if and when they start to penalise 'old Diesels' more...

·
Registered
151 Posts
I taxed mine on Monday, via their website, are you sure yours is reflective of current pricing?

[
As of 06/01/2021...

Vehicle Registration Number: ** FWD
Reference Number: 12** 00** 56** 78**
Application Made On: 06/01/2021 10:59:00
Vehicle Tax Period: 12 months
Vehicle Tax Amount Paid: GBP 265.00
Last 4 Digits of Payment Card: ** ** ****

·
Registered
151 Posts
I use this simple app to quickly check VED rates... Vehicle Smart. It gives the rates, MOT and mileage history, basic vehicle info, links to other motoring sources and for the princely sum of 99pence, an expanded list of specific vehicle details, otherwise totally free.

Vehicle Smart - Overview:

·
Registered
72 Posts
I use this simple app to quickly check VED rates... Vehicle Smart. It gives the rates, MOT and mileage history, basic vehicle info, links to other motoring sources and for the princely sum of 99pence, an expanded list of specific vehicle details, otherwise totally free.

Vehicle Smart - Overview:

thank, i have the same app, they must have increased the rates recently! ***holes

·
Registered
413 Posts
That's the trouble with the DVLA, as they are the only company they can basically charge whatever they like and we all just have to bend over and take it.

The diesel fiasco bugs me because it's the government's fault. Most vehicles were petrol powered until they came up with the idea that diesel was better, then they advised/pushed all the car makers into fitting diesel engines instead and to make them more desirable. Hense them nearly all becoming turbo charged.

Now they've discovered that the fumes from diesels are 50 times more poisonous than petrol engines.

So it's a U turn and we get shafted financially for running diesels.

In years to come it'll be a choice of either run an electric vehicle or use a combustion engine but pay extortionate ved, insurance, mot, fuel prices, plus get charged for every mile driven including extra motorway and town charges.

I'd rather walk than drive electric.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi all im just curious how much people pay for road tax on their t5s. Im shocked and carnt believe that my tax is£614 for the year on a 2007 2.5 shuttle,thats more than my insurance 😱
We have the T4 Karmann Colorado 2.5 diesel. Cost £250 ish.

21 - 38 of 38 Posts