VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI there

Can anyone please advise me on the best roof rails and roof bars for my 2015 T5. Many that I've looked at seem to be more cosmetic than functional with an advisory max load of 25-40kg. I could do with some that not only look nice (matt black preferred), but are capable of carrying a load, e.g. canoe, roof box etc.

Thanks!

·
2012 180 Sportline SWB Camper
1,144 Posts
I got these from Camper Essential because I wanted the awning rail too. Others available on the site.

Might be worth giving him a ring

HTH T:

·
Premium Member
237 Posts
One of the members on here "JC1" has roof rails and a canoe carrier on his T5, he may be able to advise you.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Genuine vw ones
Load rated at 100kg per pair the vw guys told me..??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
115 Posts
I purchased a set of omtec automotive (based in Turkey but widely available) black bars and they are rated at 75kg. Fit well and look good. They also do crossbars. Have a look on their website.

Sent from my M470BSE using Tapatalk

·
Registered
52 Posts
Genuine vw ones
Load rated at 100kg per pair the vw guys told me..??

These are from the latest online VW brochure.....rated at 300kg

03 HEAVY-DUTY ROOF BARS.
These heavy-duty roof bars are perfect for Crafter and are able to support up to 300kg for a standard roof and 150kg on high roof models. Supplied as a three-bar set.
RRP FROM
(CR)
£225.00 exc. VAT £270.00 inc. VAT

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks very much for the responses everyone. This is the first time I've posted and am really appreciative of all the responses!

·
Registered
3,438 Posts
Check out aiko bars there no lookers but strong as and cheap for the quality there not available in black but a trip to the powder coater would sort that T:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks all.

I ended up contacting my local VW dealer and bought a pair of genuine VW matt black rails for my SWB T5.1. £104.20 inc VAT. Not too bad price ways and fully load rated. Can be used in conjunction with their roof bars to 75KG.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Thanks all.

I ended up contacting my local VW dealer and bought a pair of genuine VW matt black rails for my SWB T5.1. £104.20 inc VAT. Not too bad price ways and fully load rated. Can be used in conjunction with their roof bars to 75KG.

Great price
Well done....
Can you tell me which vw dealer... I could use the evidence to force my local vwdealer to do the same.... they told me £125 incl vat..!!

·
Registered
329 Posts
Great price
Well done....
Can you tell me which vw dealer... I could use the evidence to force my local vwdealer to do the same.... they told me £125 incl vat..!!

Or try TPS

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hi there

Hadwins VW dealer, Grange Over Sands, Cumbria. I think the price may have just gone up as in the Commercial Vehicle Accessories Catalogue, they're listed as £112.50 exc, VAT which makes the price you were quoted about right. I may just have got in before the price went up. You could try giving them a ring. Ask to speak to a guy called Julian in the stores department as he's very helpful!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts