VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
First post, why not dive straight in with a question, dont worry about your P's & Q's either, oh sorry, you already didn't!!!

Yes they fold, not into a good bed though. Do a internet search!!

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
I think they fold forward in a shuttle? Have a look in this months camper & bus mag - Theres a T5 thats used a platform with foam which sits on the seats folded forward, Makes a big 'boot' and looks comfy T:

I'm sure other people will have picciesT:

·
jabby fingered, worn nubbed, ginger ninja
12,080 Posts
First post, why not dive straight in with a question, dont worry about your P's & Q's either, oh sorry, you already didn't!!!

Little bit harsh fella, you were new once tooT:

·
Premium Member
2,585 Posts
THE SEAT BACKS FOLD FORWARD on all but the single centre row seat and the back three seat bench also tips like an estate car seat so you have a large boot area.
only caravelle folda flat a la bed.
you can however fit a rock and roll bed in the rear instead of the triple seat tho which means that you can still carry 8 passengers.you would however need to remove the centre row for sleeping

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Little bit harsh fella, you were new once tooT:
True i was new once, but i'm sure that when I asked a question, expecting people to give up there time to answer it, I would hope I had the deciency to introduce myself, and as a very minimum use my P's & Q's like my mummy told me to! I:

·
Registered
342 Posts
I have a Shuttle that I'm sadly having to sell but yes the seats do fold flat forward and make a great bed we use slats from and old double bed and a old roll up futon matteress very very comfy and no worries about dagerous R&R beds when your using as seats

the single middle seat on the left dosen't go flat but but still plenty of room for your feet on the folded double

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi,
The seat only goes forwards but it does fold perfectly flat, enabling you to use various bed systems to use it as part of a bed - the best one I know is the one by VANking. I tried to buy one but unfortunately the guy was on holiday so for a festival emergency I made my own temporary set-up which worked really well - essentially it's a 18mm ply board cut to fill the gap behind the folded seat right to the back of the bus, with 6 screw-on Ikea legs on the underside to elevate it to the perfect height to be level with the seats - It took me a morning to make and with an ikea matress on top was very comfy!

·
Registered
820 Posts

Amazing hypocrisy you telling the OP to mind his p’s and q’s. Yours is the rudest response to a genuine question I’ve seen for a long time on here. Try and be nice eh?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.