VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

T5 Shuttle insurance issues

3K views 21 replies 13 participants last post by  thebouncingbunny 
#1 ·
Hi all,

This Sunday im off to to see an 07 2.5tdi shuttle that I've put a deposit on.

An initial phonecall to my current insurer (Aviva through Think Insurance) has shocked me somewhat.

What companies are you all using and what are we saying re seats. I plan to take out the rear row anyway. Why is it so high?

Matt

#2 ·
Personal injury claims and ambulance chasers.

Some people like to stage accidents and why not have nice whiplash claims instead of four or five? The more seats, the greater the payout if there was an accident - real or faked.

#6 ·
Morning all who have replied so far. What companies are you all with?

Rick - been looking at them for ages as Id rather get one all done out in the back rather than go down the convert route but the insurance spike has scared me somewhat. The one I'm going to see has high miles but seems reasonably priced.
It also annoys me that as it's an 07 plate it doesn't fall into the euro 4 category but an 06 plate does grrr.

#11 ·
No I pulled out. Had a few quotes and were around the £1100 mark! Trying to slim down re direct debits and doubling my current insurance payment wasn't really attractive.

Gonna do more research with insurance companies such as Adrian Flux (thanks Dan) to compare prices of Shuttle's and converted vans.

Gutted as I wanted a new van ?.

No it was a silver one near Bournemouth for £5500 with 250k on it. It's on eBay.

#15 ·
Just been through the same malarkey with a 2006 shuttle. We had some luck on the vehicle tax front- it's nearly half what it would be if it was 07 on. Insurance wasn't too bad although I am not certain how much as it was done as an adjustment near renewal time. I suspect it will be about £400 to insure my t4 camper and shuttle on the same policy for a year (aviva) they spat the dummy when I told them it had 9 seats though, they were a lot more relaxed when I told them I was taking the rearmost triple out!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.