VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gave the lower roller a small spray of wd40 earlier, followed by a dab of lube. Also cleaned up the track.

Its freed it up and slides better but now im hearing rattles, clunks, clicks from the roller when closing. Reading its not good to add grease so is anything else recommended before I look to replace the lower roller mech. Can see they are about a tenner on ebay

Thanks

·
Registered
27 Posts
make sure its absolutley clean in the bottom runner as it does attract **** and stuff in there, i would put some bearing spray om the bearings of the new slider arm before fitting and clean any excess away, ensure you have propeed the door up at the bottom and maybe strap the top of the door to the roof rail when you remove the arm just in case, i have changed three out and been ok but used a strap this last time after watching a door slip off when this was being done by someone else, they are very very heavy, the lsat thing is check th etype of fixing that is on the door latch and the arm as they tend to be not standard nut heads

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
cheers all. good tips there and will take note of using a strap. Hoping I can get away with swapping out the bottom roller and keeping the side and top rollers in place

1 - 5 of 5 Posts