VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there, need a little help, just bought a 2005 t5 swb with a single sliding door, the sliding door locks and unlocks fine but I can't open it from the outside after first unlocking, it will open fine from the inside and from then it will open fine from the outside but as soon as I lock it again it needs to be opened from the inside again .... very annoying! Also if I put the key in the sliding door lock it just spins round endlessly, not sure if there is two problems with it and to be honast all I want is for it to unlock with the remote, anyone had a similar problem or knows what could be wrong please help! Thanks in advance

·
Registered
58 Posts
Try pressing the unlock button (on the remote) twice before pulling the door handle.....

- Mine opens with just one button push but my girlfriends Fabia (same key fob) only opens the drivers door with one push and needs two pushes for the other doors to unlock - probably quite a sensible security thing.....

Kev

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Kev but I am aware of that feature I use it on my Passat, have tried pressing many times and it never opens, really odd as it works perfectly once opened from the inside, I have also removed the panel inside and there don't seem to be anything loose

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks gaz, but no luck! There was quite a bit of yellowish greece in there which I cleaned most of it off but still nothing, its starting to look like an expensive trip to vw, I really need the sliding door working

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well I've managed to get it to open without having to open from the inside by pressing unlock then wacking the handle ( only works if I wack it twice!! ) then it opens, its not a fix but a good workaround , if anyone knows why wacking it works I'd be very interested to know , I took it to vw today and they said they wouldn't even look at it without booking it in for at least 30min slot!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts