VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello there,

Posted a thread on electrical but as yet no joy......

Got problems with both doors on my caravelle, its a 2004 new shape 2.5 tdi SE model.

N/S door isnt opening or closing electrically but it is pulling itself in electrically.

O/S door is opening and closing electrically but as soon as it gets to the closed position it retracts again and never gets to the electric "pull itself in stage", also central locking wont work on this door (probably) because it never shuts properly!!

So my question is two fold, does anyone have any idea of the solution??? or is there anything that wears out on them either electrically or manually, rollers sliders cogs.... really stuck here.... HELP

Many thanks

Chris and Sam
North East

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
try calling a few VW parts places at the main dealers and see if one will spill the beans on the common faults.

it sounds like worn gears as in it's just making it along but not enough contact on the gears to go the full way..at the very least they should get you a parts drawing to start working from. T:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Many thanks for getting back to me, are the gears situated in the door panel do you know?

Cheers

Chris

1 - 4 of 4 Posts