VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've sold my nice shiny T5 and picked up a T4 xpack T: having not had a T4 for a couple of years, I've missed them! They are so much better made than the T5, really solid and made to last! And the 2.5 engine......."well there just sooooooooo sweet:)

·
Registered
199 Posts
Congrats Mate: horses for courses, we all like what we like...... I love my T4, and wouldn't want to swap it.
Never driven a T5, interested in knowing what drew you back to a 4?

·
i am t4lwb steve
2,832 Posts
should have kept the t5
then spent a few quid on one them cheap LEZ rejects that are popping up LOL:
know what you meen im lucky i have the t5 and could afford to keep my t4 as vw offered 600 quid for it as a trade in :eek:

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Don't get me wrong! The T5 is a loverly van, better than the T4 in lots of ways, but for a work horse you need to use every day and load up with bags of cement etc, the good old T4 takes some beating:ILU:

·
Registered
2,829 Posts
load up with bags of cement etc, the good old T4 takes some beating:ILU:
Unless you try and drive up a hill...

T5 all day long for me!

T4 was easy to work on granted, nut i likes me creature comforts I:

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Unless you try and drive up a hill...

T5 all day long for me!

T4 was easy to work on granted, nut i likes me creature comforts I:
What's wrong with a T4 on a hill?, mine fly's up them and had a lot more pull than the T5 I had as a loan from VW recently.
I also have more creature comforts than the T5 that was loaned, cruise control, heated mirrors washers etc.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Er....... Even a standard 88bhp T4 will pull like a train up hill when loaded up :)

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Swings and roundabouts but the most important thing is as long as your happy bud! CheersT:

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Just one thing I forgot about the T4, the brakes are shocking!!
Not all, mine are spot on!, having driven a brand new T5 and mine back to back, there wasn't much difference, well nothing a bit of preventative maintenance can't sort out :)

So what X-pack did you get? is it a 888 Special or a 1000/1200 Barn door?, Longnose?

Get a picture up! T:

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I picked up the lean green racing machine that bodhii was selling a few weeks ago on here! It's well knocked about and grubby but it's only a work van T:

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
I picked up the lean green racing machine that bodhii was selling a few weeks ago on here! It's well knocked about and grubby but it's only a work van T:
Ahhh I know the one!, nice van and an unusual Colour T:, don't fancy swapping your 2 single captains seats for my Twin and Single do you?, might be more usefu to youl if it's being used as a van :D I:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts