VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there all,

when it comes to choosing OEM head and rear lights; side and rear bars; front spoilers and all the rest of the cool (expensive) goodies that I need for the T5 GP, am I going to have to wait a while until manufacturers catch up with VW styling or can I just be looking at T5 facelift products?

It seems that the front grille(s) at least are not the same, well, the top one isn't the same as some of the '10 models.

Specifically looking for grilles, headlights and bars atm..I'm looking for LWB bars with small rubber steps. I saw some cool ones with the steps having been scalloped out of the steel. Anyone else seen these? Also, rear side/back bars..seem quite hard to find.

Lastly, VW do a replacement GP grille for about £160. This is a blatant rip-off, obv. Anyone else do a similar black with silver strips along the middle of each rail that oisn't a million pounds? (top grille btw)

Thanks! T:

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Front is completely different so gp specific parts only

Side bars will fit the same just remember if the bars run the full length of the van side it will render the jacking points useless unless you remove the sidebar or carry a bottle jack incase of puncture.

you could always remove the grill and get it painted and stick the cheap chrome trim you can find on ebay have seen this before and looks ok T:

·
Registered
40 Posts
I priced up the shiney grille with the chrome strips when i picked up my new 140 in january,and they wanted £158 plus vat!!! I mentioned it to one of my customers,who promptly went into his garage and came out with a length of stick on chrome trim. It was just enough to do the 4 'slats' of the grille,plus the middle slat of the lower grille. Hey presto...a transformed front end! Looks just as good,and no one will ever know. Try the stick on trim,if you dont like it,its only going to cost a few £.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thaks for the help guys..didn't even think about jacking points duh..I still want bars tho so a bottle jack it is..As for the grille, I'm going to wait until ppl start making the aftermarket ones for half the cost of a new one :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts