VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought some thermo mats for the cab of my t5 from Just Kampers. When they arrived one of the eyelets was already torn from the material! I'm not impressed by the quality as you can imagine, especially for the price. Anyone else had a similar problem? I cant imagine them lasting long if they;re already tearing out. I might see if I can get a refund.

Does anyone know if the South West Campers ones are better quality? They're even more expensive but I dont mind paying if something is going to last.

I was also surprised to find that the windscreen mat (JK) doesnt have a slot or aperture for the rear view mirror? Hows it supposed to insulate properly if its raised away from the screen around the mirror?

This is frustrating surely its an easy product to make and build to last??

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Had the very same problem with the very same mats last week. Opened them up and 2 of the eylets were falling out.
Luckily, I had bought them from a local JK dealer. So I brought them straight back and he gave me a full refund.

Funny thing is, I bought a JK set of thermo blinds for my T4 last year and they were top notch. Thats why I went for them for my T5.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Glad to know I'm not alone. Did you think the general quality wasnt as good as your previous ones? What are you going to do now? Found anything better?

Anyone else?

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
I had a bay window a few years ago, got the jk mats for that, quality was great apart from the suckers didn't seem to stay stuck on very well.
Also found it a pain putting the front screen on, just a bit of a faff.
I have an external cab screen for my T4 now from silverproducts, check out their site.
It is excellent, fits spot on, easy to put on etc, and totally blacks out the cab from the inside.
Found the jk ones kind of curl up at the edges, letting in light.

·
Registered
574 Posts
I'm considering buying some thermo screens for my T4 soon and was wondering which type to get, T4Tomass do you think the external fitted type are a better solution :*

Sorry for any thread jack I:

·
Registered
377 Posts
Just sold my internal ones due to the amount of condensation.
Also got an external one from Silver products, excellent bit of kit T:

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I might consider getting an external one if I get my money back! Whats the privacy / security like? Can you peek in by peeling back or are they secure?

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
I just got the SW Campers internal ones - full set for our caravelle (££££ ouch).

BUT - Very happy with the quality - very nicely finished, suckers are great, and fit (generally) - Tailgate, rear windows and and cab sides almost down't need suckers they fit that well. The front screen one (slotted for the rear view mirror) at first seems like it needs a couple of extra suckers, but I think this would just make it awkward to take off. The side/slider ones are a bit big for the windows in our velle, but that might just be the extra trim around the windows, emailled them the other day, will see what they say.

Van was toasty with them on, in fact a bit too warm!!

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
I'm considering buying some thermo screens for my T4 soon and was wondering which type to get, T4Tomass do you think the external fitted type are a better solution :*

Sorry for any thread jack I:
I think a good fitting external is much better, and the one that I have from silver products is brilliant, one of the best things we have bought for the camperT:
We have it on the van in winter while its parked at home to stop the windows icing up.

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
We found that the suckers on the internal ones actually hold the mat off the glass a little so we got condensation, plus the edges curl, letting in light which was annoying.

·
Registered
574 Posts
I think a good fitting external is much better, and the one that I have from silver products is brilliant, one of the best things we have bought for the camperT:
We have it on the van in winter while its parked at home to stop the windows icing up.
As above Silver products, excellent fit check our van pics to see how it looks T:

That's what I figured Tomass think I will be buying one of Silver products screen covers.

Checked your pic vwod looks like a nice snug fit T:

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Really handy being able to fold it down during the day too. We have the day view panel, so when its folded down there is a silver mesh in place, we can see out but folk can't see in and it still reflects the sunT:

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
I've got a full set from SW Campers bud. Great quality, fit like a treat, and feature a slot to go round the rear view mirror. Paid for the quality and pleased i did. They also come in a nice carry case for storage.

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Anyone looking for a set of caravelle full rear silver screens?
I have a spare set if reimo ones which are tailored fir the caravelle.
The side window ones are a perfect fit as riemo do different models for caravelle, or kombi van taking into account the extra trim on the caravelle.

Been meaning to put them in the for sale section for ages now.
Pm me if you want more info T:

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Glad to know I'm not alone. Did you think the general quality wasnt as good as your previous ones? What are you going to do now? Found anything better?

Anyone else?
To be honest I went for the JK ones for my T5 because I bought a set 2 years ago for my T4 and they were top quality. Don't know what happened to this batch. My local JK dealer said that he's getting me in another set this week. This time I'll take them out of the box and assemble them before I pay for them.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I agree that the silver products/silver screen external screen cover is an excellent product that is well worth the cost. T:

1 - 20 of 38 Posts