VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a 2004 T5 with Tiptronic gearbox. When I test drove it I found that the gearshift worked as expected in auto but if I tried the manual shift position, the gear lever just flopped about. The price was reduced and I accepted this.
Now I have had a look at the gear shift mechanism, I see that the manual Tiptronic switch is missing altogether.
I can get a replacement switch but can anyone tell me where the connector from this switch plugs into?
The attached picture shows the replacement shifter with the switch and connector. The second picture is my shifter with switch missing
View attachment 198721

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Where did you get your tiptronic switch?
I was unable to locate just the switch that was missing but bought a complete gearshift lever with a view to taking the switch from it and fitting to mine but in the event I found that, in their wisdom, someone had chopped the wires to that switch so ended up fitting the complete unit.
If I could get the parts to repair the old one I would repair it and sell it on. There are two parts missing. The black box bolted to the side that the gear lever slots into to operate the tiptronic switch and the switch itself. All the rest is there.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts