VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have currently 245/45 R18 on my alloys, would anyone know if 235/55/R18 will fit and be safety wise ok

·
Premium Member
958 Posts
Cant advise on your chosen size. What is the payload capacity of the van? When I bought my van it had 245/45R18 but the load rating at 100XL was not high enough for the max load the van can carry. The Sportline has 255/45R18 103 tyres fitted as standard which is what I have gone to on a T32.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cant advise on your chosen size. What is the payload capacity of the van? When I bought my van it had 245/45R18 but the load rating at 100XL was not high enough for the max load the van can carry. The Sportline has 255/45R18 103 tyres fitted as standard which is what I have gone to on a T32.
Thanks for message , I will continue to investigate

·
Registered
2008 T5 1.9 BRS
648 Posts
As above, what van is it, on the logbook does it say T28, T30, T32?
From that you can work out the load rating per tyre that you need as a minimum to be safe and legal.
As for the tyre size, almost any will fit but if the rolling radius is different to standard then it will throw the speedo off by a bit.
Google online tyre size comparisons and they have a chart where you type in the standard size and the new size, then it works out the difference and tells you by what percentage the speedo will be out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts