VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi.. I'm a newbie and this is my first post!

I'm about to purchase a t5 and having been a vito owner without bothering to upgrade in my last vehicle I'm after some advice.

I will be purchasing a 2DIN head unit with dav, DAB, iphone connectivity, bluetooth, cooks your lunch for you plus 4 x 50w out but I also want to do a speaker upgrade. The van will have a bulkhead so limited on cab space (not interested in sound in the back).

The speakers are low down so for clarity I guess it would be more important to fit a sub? If so where can I get some decent bass into the space available (I will have the three seats in the front) and is it also worth upgrading the door speakers? Should I also consider adding tweeters? And what sort of cost?

Plus how hard is it to get through to the engine bay to fit power for an amp - assuming I'd need one for the sub?

Cheers... real excited for a new van :D T:

Jen.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Hi Jen

Best upgrade I did was fit some pioneer 1703 component speakers. Supplied by Absolut5 on here. Makes a huge difference to stock setup. I did dynamat the doors and door cards while they were off. I also fitted a sub under the double passenger seat which again made things better but sadly when I replaced the passenger bench seat the sub had to go (for now).

There is a pretty active thread on here about replacing the front speakers with photos etc. might be worth checking that out.

Good luck

·
Premium Member
4,693 Posts
Hi.. I'm a newbie and this is my first post!

I'm about to purchase a t5 and having been a vito owner without bothering to upgrade in my last vehicle I'm after some advice.

I will be purchasing a 2DIN head unit with dav, DAB, iphone connectivity, bluetooth, cooks your lunch for you plus 4 x 50w out but I also want to do a speaker upgrade. The van will have a bulkhead so limited on cab space (not interested in sound in the back).

The speakers are low down so for clarity I guess it would be more important to fit a sub? If so where can I get some decent bass into the space available (I will have the three seats in the front) and is it also worth upgrading the door speakers? Should I also consider adding tweeters? And what sort of cost?

Plus how hard is it to get through to the engine bay to fit power for an amp - assuming I'd need one for the sub?

Cheers... real excited for a new van :D T:

Jen.
We offer quite a few tried and tested upgrades,

Pioneer TSH 1703 door and dash tweeter upgrade, mount them on CNC wooden collars and sound deaden the doors make a great economic improvement

Thread- http://www.vwt4forum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=291270

A quick sub upgrade for under a drivers seat, Cerwin Vega active 10"

If a sub is out of the question then this Rainbow 3 way set up is great, comes with 8" door woofers, dedicated midrange and tweeter for the dash, these give great depth, can run of a good quality headunit or to improve them further a amp

This is our biggest seller for a fully amped system-

Morel maximo 6 components
Jl XD 500/3. 3 channel amp to drive the Morels and sub
Our custom underseat enclosure, available for all front seat setups, comes with a JL 10" sub

Cable from under the bonnet to inside couldn't be easier, behind the battery is a black metal plate, remove this, in the far corner is a grommet, the cable just drops straight through....

If you require further info, drop us a call or pmT:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You guys are awesome :)

Absolut5 I'll be in touch when I've got the van.. Clearly a priority is good sound ;) sub is a definite I guess it depends on cost between option 1 with the Cerwin or option 2 with the JL ?

Cheers

Jen

·
Premium Member
4,693 Posts
You guys are awesome :)

Absolut5 I'll be in touch when I've got the van.. Clearly a priority is good sound ;) sub is a definite I guess it depends on cost between option 1 with the Cerwin or option 2 with the JL ?

Cheers

Jen
When you are ready, drop us a call or PM and we can go through it in finer detailT:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hellooo

I have the van now, please can you give me a price on the JL in the enclosure and tell me if it needs an amp or if it's active?

Cheers!

Jen

·
Premium Member
4,693 Posts
Hellooo

I have the van now, please can you give me a price on the JL in the enclosure and tell me if it needs an amp or if it's active?

Cheers!

Jen
They are passive and I've sent a PM T:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts