VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is there a rear bike rack that fits a t5 with barn doors & a spoiler? - I also want racks that allow you to open the back doors whilst a bike is on the rack.

·
Registered
12,534 Posts
We went for a towbat mounted rack .
Even if we tilt the rack you still cant get in the back doors , we just go in the slider to fetch whatever we needed.

·
Registered
7 Posts
If you went for a towbar mount then an Atea strada dl3 will still allow you to open the back doors.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
many thanks for replies to my post, it looks like I have to get a towbar fitted - it seems to be the only option

·
Premium Member
3,664 Posts
I did see a T5 with a roof bike rack, which seems a good idea as long as you're not restricted by height barriers.

·
Special Rapporteur
10,048 Posts
That seems like a good idea, until you actually try getting a 20 kilo bike off and then back onto the roof, without scratching the paintwork, every time you want to use it. The weight may not be such a problem - it's the fact that a bike is an annoyingly awkward shape to lift 2m into the air while keeping it completely under control...

·
Premium Member
3,664 Posts
True it's not a flawless idea, but an idea nether the less.

·
Registered
154 Posts
We went with a THULE Express to clip on our tow bar. You have to take the bikes off but it only takes a few moments, its no great hardship
Picture isn't the best but you get the idea (and it's the only photo I can find at the moment)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts