VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

61 - 78 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
I know! Nightmare! Just as I was planning on getting it some goodies too.

On a side note, I bought a spoiler months ago that's been lying around. Decided to spray it today and will fit it when the van's back from the garage...

I made a DIY paint booth you could say, basically a bit of string to hang the spoiler from to be able to paint it. As this is a barn door theres two sections. Here's a pic of one half painted...

20200517_140611.jpg

·
Premium Member
1,663 Posts
That sucks re the alternator, the only silver lining I can think of is due to the current circumstances we can do without our vehicles for a day or so. Hope it gets sorted mate.
One of the lads at my work has a white T5 with black rear spoiler, looks cool (y)

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
Yeah it's annoying but as you say, not getting used. @Pduk
At least it should be back to 100% when lockdown is relaxed.
Just ordered some custom foam for the pull out bed - will post some pics when done.
In fact, should have a few updates in the next few weeks inc. Fitting the spoiler.
I'm torn with what direction to go at the moment... had all but decided on 20" rims before the alternator packed in, but now I've had time to think I quite like the idea of getting an arch kit - those plastic ABS ones. Might leave the van standard height, fit those arches and get some better tyres, or even AT tyres then use a white ink pen to pull out the text.

@BitterandTwisted haha, decorative or so I thought.

·
Registered
827 Posts
Yeah it's annoying but as you say, not getting used. @Pduk
At least it should be back to 100% when lockdown is relaxed.
Just ordered some custom foam for the pull out bed - will post some pics when done.
In fact, should have a few updates in the next few weeks inc. Fitting the spoiler.
I'm torn with what direction to go at the moment... had all but decided on 20" rims before the alternator packed in, but now I've had time to think I quite like the idea of getting an arch kit - those plastic ABS ones. Might leave the van standard height, fit those arches and get some better tyres, or even AT tyres then use a white ink pen to pull out the text.

@BitterandTwisted haha, decorative or so I thought.
Hello mate
Have a look at my pics in my album. A/T tyres and arch covers. Standard suspension.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #68
Thanks @smarty63 I'm struggling to find your album. Could you share a link plz?

@Pduk Or if can direct me to his album that would be cool. I'm still new to all this forum stuff! I've changed my mind a few times, but think getting AT tyres on the standard rims (albeit I've sprayed them gloss bacl) will look good and is probs the best way for me to move forward with the van.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #71
Ohh, thanks @BitterandTwisted
I hadn't seen the option.. I need to go across to the right!

@smarty63 that looks quality - pretty much exactly what I was thinking in fact! I might just have to copy it completely lol.
What tyre spec were you running? Mine is a T32 which makes getting the right load rating a bit trickier from what I've seen.
I was thinking of getting Goodyear Wrangler AT Adventure tyres in 225/70R16 107T XL

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #73
I think its 103+ as far as I know. Maybe 104 🤔.
Does the speed rating even matter? Never getting 100 out of the van!

·
Registered
827 Posts
Tyres size are 235/70/16. Sorry can’t remember load rating. Original steels powder coated black. I will try and find details.
my t5 was t28.

·
Premium Member
1,663 Posts
I quite fancy these style wheels and tyres on my lowered stance, not sure if it'd work with clearance though. Will certainly look good on yours T5point1 (y)

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #78
My mrs has other plans, she fancies new alloys. To be fair going down the 20" rims root on standard suspension doesn't sound too bad and probs would cost around the same as AT tyres and those plastic arches. Watch this space.
Turns out it was the alternator as expected. Theres a waiting list so not gonna be fixed for over a week.
On the plus side, my bed is now, well a bed. Had my custom cushions today...

20200521_172653.jpg

61 - 78 of 78 Posts