Premium Member
2,235 Posts
Top work there mate, looks good (y)

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #82
@Scottishcamper @Pduk cheers both.
I was meant to have fitted my spoiler by now - but I rushed it and ended up ruining the paint! Gonna have to sand it down and start over.
I'm also tempted to buy coilovers at the moment, basically because without them the van might not fit in the garage of the house we're in the process of moving to.

·
Premium Member
2,235 Posts
@Scottishcamper @Pduk cheers both.
I was meant to have fitted my spoiler by now - but I rushed it and ended up ruining the paint! Gonna have to sand it down and start over.
I'm also tempted to buy coilovers at the moment, basically because without them the van might not fit in the garage of the house we're in the process of moving to.
If ever there was an excuse to buy a mod for a van, that has to be one of the best, other half can't argue against that! ;) (y)

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #84
@Pduk Hahaha I know. I'd never considered them an option, but need to go down a solid 60mm to get it in 😂

·
Premium Member
2,235 Posts
I'd wager that you measured the height of the garage door prior to putting a bid in for the house, and the fact you'd need coilovers clinched the deal 😇

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #87
Small update.. not quite coilovers but I've plumped to lower the van with H&R 50mm springs - should be delivered next week. On a side note I also finally painted the last steel wheel black, so will have 4 matching wheels tomorrow, at last!
Spoiler should be on soon too.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #89
I think I kinda created the 60mm thing to get coilovers - I reckon 50 will be fine... didn't fancy the extra £350

·
Premium Member
2,235 Posts
I'm on 50mm H&R's and they are good, van sits nicer and doesn't roll as much, they are a bit crashy on crappy roads though. I'll be opting for coilovers if / when my dampers need replacing.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #93
Fingers crossed indeed! @BitterandTwisted
Cheers @Sam84
@Pduk Cheers for the info. I think it should be enough for me - I've had lowered cars in the past and the crash ride never bothered me to be honest.

On a side note I've fitted the spoiler today... Hope it stays on... I only used Tiger seal on it as I couldn't be bothered with the drilling. Yikes.

20200622_171856.jpg

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #94
Spoiler appears to have been a success. Can't wait till this arch gap is 50mm less!

Next up: wind reflectors and maybe some new wheels... which seems daft because I've literally just finished painting the standard steels!

20200622_214931.jpg

·
Premium Member
2,235 Posts
I think once she's dropped she'll suit those wheels nicely. Maybe get some spacers to widen the stance a smidge.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #96
Fitted wind deflectors today and received my new springs. Van's looking good at the moment but can't wait for it to be dropped on Monday.

Point Blur_Jun242020_170534-01.jpeg

·
Premium Member
2,235 Posts
You've confused me there mate, in the side on pic above you've not got windows in the rear quarters but have fitted your spoiler, then in the 3/4 pic above showing off your deflectors you've got windows, however previous internal photos of your bench show full windows 🤯 it's been a long day here in an un a/c office so my brain is a little sizzled 🥵 I'm guessing the pic without windows is an old one, either that or you're really indecisive on whether you want rear windows or not. Don't think I've written windows so much in my life 🤣

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #99
@Pduk 😂😂
Believe it or not, we have 2 windows on the one side of the van but only one on the other side.
I'd fitted a vinyl graphic so it looked as though it had full length windows both sides but decided to remove it when I fitted the spoiler because I did a crappy job of fitting it haha.
I'm gonna just buy a proper window and get it fitted as a faux window when I get around to it. I can see how you might have been confused haha!

·
Premium Member
2,235 Posts
Phew I'm not going crazy then! My other theory was you'd mastered time travel 😱
You can buy fake windows that look like the real deal and made for purpose, might be easier / cheaper than using an actual window.

81 - 100 of 127 Posts