VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

101 - 120 of 128 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #102
For anyone wanting a before and after. Top is standard and bottom is lowered. Looks better in person to be honest.

IMG_20200703_171008.jpg

·
Premium Member
2,235 Posts
Should settle a little more over time, big improvement, both looks and handling (y)

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #104
So, we're finally getting some use out of the van this weekend. Decided curtains would probably be a sensible idea, so went about fitting them tonight. Bit awkward, especially doing it in the pouring rain - turned into a sweaty job with all the doors closed and windows barely open.

Here's one snap of the sliding door with the curtain. Went for black and not the total blackout ones - putely because I seemed to struggle to find them all in stock.

Anyhow heres a pic. Should have plenty of photos this weekend.

20200805_200249.jpg

·
Premium Member
2,235 Posts
Looks good mate, they certainly make the insides feel more cosy.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #106
Cheers Pete. Yeah absolutely. Much needed purchase!
Bought a 12v cooler box for this weekend, so hoping that will suffice to cool off our beers. Bargain, only £40 from Aldi.

·
Premium Member
2,235 Posts
Ooh that's a good shout, until I get my electrics in I was relying on a coolbag with a couple of ice blocks, didn't even last a day. 12v cool box sounds just the ticket (y)

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #108
Have a look at Aldi, fair size too. Not sure how much use it will be running off 12v but will update you after the weekend!

·
Registered
38 Posts
We got one of the Aldi coolboxes. Ony used it two or three times but it has been great. Use it on 12v when driving and then plug it in when at the campsite. First time we have had something like this, its a revelation having cold milk (and beer obviously!!)

·
Premium Member
2,235 Posts
I found one on ebay that's grey with green highlights so matches perfectly with my interior 😁

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #113
Good to hear it @BobRoberts
I have some concerns as I haven't yet properly installed the external hookup. How long do you think it would take to drain a leisure battery, if we were to leave the cooler running on 12v battery only?

Nice! @Pduk

I'll chuck some snaps up when we're setup

·
Registered
38 Posts
We dont currently have a proper leisure battery, just using an old starter battery at the moment, so only 60Ah. It drained it in about 3 hours! As soon as we get to the campsite we run a hookup cable with 2 plugs into the awning and run it from there.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #115
Thanks for the info. Luckily I was able to get a converter to a 3 pin socket. Ran it through a window for now.

We're all setup and I couldn't be more proud of all the effort that's gone into it!

20200807_151004.jpg

·
Registered
24 Posts
Just reading throught some of the build threads for inspiration and read this one. It's always good to see a 'different' setup. Great work mate and a smashing looking van. Enjoy your weekend.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #117
Cheers @VWGMC
Not the most straight forward of routes I've taken, but certainly enjoying it this weekend. What you can't see in that photo is the two electric wires hanging loose from the ceiling haha. Hoping I really get the bug now and will finish it all off! All the best.

·
Premium Member
605 Posts
Cheers Pete. Yeah absolutely. Much needed purchase!
Bought a 12v cooler box for this weekend, so hoping that will suffice to cool off our beers. Bargain, only £40 from Aldi.
Think I picked up the same cool box, was it grey and orange ?

·
Premium Member
2,235 Posts
That looks fantastic mate, really nice and homely! You should be very proud of your work (y)

101 - 120 of 128 Posts