VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have converted my van from barn doors to Tail gate and the only thing left to do is the bottom lock.

the striker plate.

I have made up a temp thing for now that works but I was looking at the barn doors old location where the striker plate was. and their is a nice thick factory plate under there. I have not taken off the bumper of anything as yet but is there a way to access this backing plate?

any one done this yet that could shed some light? :*

I had to leave behind the backing plate from the donor van but I thought I could just use the barn doors one once I can gain access..

·
Premium Member
1,293 Posts
Yeah from memory I removed bumper and rear bumper bar knocked the other ones out, then with a magnet through hole in rear panel or something similiar you'll be able to fit it in the correct position
Cheers
Dan

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Dan that's what I had in my head when I looked at it but didn't know if it was a doable job or not so thanks a mill I will do that then.. other than that the conversion was really dead easy..

My only concern was this flexing of the top two hinges it's secure don't get me wrong but I can see a tiny bit of flex and I noticed it and thought hmmm how to secure that better but to be honest I can't see a way other than cutting it to it. to add more metal in.. hmm it's not flexing that must to warrant doing all that.

it must be single skin there.

T:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts