VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can any say for sure can I change barn doors for a tail gate on my T5??

please advise

I have looked into it VW will not make two different types of vans they will make one van with all the holes needed for that van for both doors and other options. So all the parts I need look like they are in place with the barn doors so it's a case of looking to see if any one else has really done this..

I am just about to call Euro car parts to ask how much for a new tail gate.. or any one know of a scrap yard that has one?

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am just fed up with looking out for a tail gated T5.

When they do some up they are just mad prices.. eg a 2004 LWB has come up with a tail gate and they want £8,000 for it LOL:

where as I can get a barn door 2007 for the same money Rasp:

I can find the odd SWB with tail gates but they also are expensive at times but cheaper in general over the LWB ones.

I am still not sure a SWB will make the best camper though I do think a LWB will better

·
Registered
407 Posts
I like my barn doors, they give a little more sideway shelter, but then I have never had a tailgate :)

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have had tail gate before with Vito ( Very Iritating Transport Oh yes )

it was great for standing under when your selling some thing to some one as I run a mobile shop

but this van is for my family and a day camper so I need a tail gate..

any one know where I can get a second hand one from some where?

·
Registered
364 Posts
You'll need more than just the tailgate. The rear lights are different and also all the catches and covers for the locks will be different on the body.

·
Premium Member
4,870 Posts
Its major surgery to change a T5 from barn doors to Tailgate and not worth doing

If you need a Tailgate model for your selling make a canopy for the top of the barn doors when your vending

simple to make and will give you more shelter with the barn doors on sides

1 - 10 of 10 Posts