VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi, i would like to fit a high level brake light on my 2003 t4. cant seem to find a company that supplies them so will have to use one from another vehicle. has anyone fitted one and what did they use? cheers, ian.

·
Registered
493 Posts
hi, i would like to fit a high level brake light on my 2003 t4. cant seem to find a company that supplies them so will have to use one from another vehicle. has anyone fitted one and what did they use? cheers, ian.
Have you got a tailgate or barn doors? I had the same decision to make on my tailgated lwb T4. I used a motorcycle rear light utilising two red led Maltese crosses in a plastic chrome housing. The only snag was that it had a white led number plate light shining from the base. I cut some red acrylic sheet and glued it over the white led base, so now it shines red, and mounted it just above the VW emblem on the tailgate. It shows as a tail light when the sidelights are on and then acts as a high level brake light when I use the brakes. Sorry no pics. These lights are available on Ebay, under motorycle accessories. Just a suggestion.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts