VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
4,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been looking for a tailgate ladder but can only find heavy duty commercial ones.

Does anyone know of a company who makes them? x

·
Registered
5,073 Posts
I think Fiamma do them Kate but the wont be cheap :*

·
Registered
4,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
me can't get onto 4x4 site- but I can get on flea-bay ;)

thankyou, x

·
Registered
180 Posts
Rhino do one for the T5 for barn doors.. I moddified one for my tailgated T4. Looks sweet against the Nato green ;)
If you want pics then pm me and i'll get them sorted.

·
Registered
4,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Looks good does that- hmmm, seen a few on ebay- still in provisional thoughts..... x

·
Registered
4,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks webs- I did try the van-x site along with some others but no joy.
There are quite a few commercial ones available but they really are quite chunky.

I'm also not sure I want to drill holes in my lovely tailgate, would be a shame me thinks- but I just can't get the look outa me head!
Maybe I'll visit some metal fabricators in the new year and try and get a custom job made up. In fact, there is a hot-rod builders near to where I work (and they got two lurrrrvely T5 busses outside)- right, pen to paper....... ;) x

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
Now I like that ladder above^, looks as if it's original, lovely smooth lines at the back!
Making me want one now!

·
Registered
452 Posts
kate if you don't have any luck with the hot rod shop you can try the smith shop in southchurch ave just off of york rd southend near the kursal we use them in work for all sorts of fabrication and welding when we are shop fitting.

·
Registered
4,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
kate if you don't have any luck with the hot rod shop you can try the smith shop in southchurch ave just off of york rd southend near the kursal we use them in work for all sorts of fabrication and welding when we are shop fitting.
Thanks for that- I live in Southend on Sea too.
I got me a ladder now, hoping to get fitted shortly. But I might still need some fabrication for a project I got in mind, x

·
Premium Member
4,626 Posts
so is this for the new bus or the old 'please buy me' T4 LOL:

1 - 20 of 45 Posts