1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

·
Premium Member
858 Posts
look a bit flimsy to me look at the standard strut size the larger end im in process of sorting quality uprated tailgate struts out at the moment in black and polished stainless not saying the e bay ones are not any good but the original ones are a larger diamiter for a reason as theres a lot of weight there and when you add a bike rack etc a lot of weight to and money there

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
look a bit flimsy to me look at the standard strut size the larger end im in process of sorting quality uprated tailgate struts out at the moment in black and polished stainless not saying the e bay ones are not any good but the original ones are a larger diamiter for a reason as theres a lot of weight there and when you add a bike rack etc a lot of weight to and money there
Hmm yeah they do look a bit weak. Thanks

·
Premium Member
6,274 Posts
Factory kombi van struts are 970N force I think. They wouldn't hold my tailgate + bike rack up so I upgraded to 1250N struts (off a camper the dealer said) and now its hard to close so I would recommend the mid range strut which are 1130N. The 1080N model also appears to be a factory part

The 1130N=£39.06 each and the 1250N=£56.67 each.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Wow sounds great but I live in Chamonix France. Not so easy from here.
Do you not have post in France? You may have to pay for the return postage to France. It's free here in the UK.

SGS are superb. Have an online chat with them, link on the website. I know of people who live in Bulgaria sent their struts for re-gas at SGS, no dramas.

How far is Chamonix from Valmorel? We are in Valmo for Xmas if you get them from SGS to us by 22/12.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Do you not have post in France? You may have to pay for the return postage to France. It's free here in the UK.

SGS are superb. Have an online chat with them, link on the website. I know of people who live in Bulgaria sent their struts for re-gas at SGS, no dramas.

How far is Chamonix from Valmorel? We are in Valmo for Xmas if you get them from SGS to us by 22/12.
Hey,
Well its dumping in Cham so looking good. Thats a very kind offer but in no rush so might wait till my next uk trip to get them done.
Have a great Xmas trip! The snows looking good so far! Thanks a million!

·
Registered
129 Posts
Hey,
Well its dumping in Cham so looking good. Thats a very kind offer but in no rush so might wait till my next uk trip to get them done.
Have a great Xmas trip! The snows looking good so far! Thanks a million!
Yes the snow has finally arrived. Been looking at webcams past few days to see the improvement. Hope the piste bashers get a solid base formed to give long season. Might get a late season trip in!!

No probs on helping out, that's what forums are about. On another van one I used to belong to we set up a 'relay' system where a user needing something picking up from far would shout out and others would 'relay' the item. I took spare wheels to Bristol, West Midlands. Got bull bars from Liverpool via Silverstone. Even got an alternator from Wigan to Gdansk in Poland overnight via Liverpool Airport, better than International Rescue (Thunderbirds). A:

Looking forward to Xmas on the slopes. My 5yr old daughter is in Ecole Dyu Ski for her first lessons since New Zealand when she was 3. Can't wait to see her progress and join Mum & Dad of an afternoon on the nursery slopes.

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
Give Stereo Steve a shout on here. He's found some that do the job. Really nice chap and dead helpful.

P.S Love Chamonix, never been in the winter but a friend lives there, we popped in on her a couple of summers ago - bit bloomin pricey mind, thats prob wht i stay away I:

*<:)>*<:)>*<:)>*<:)>*<:)>*<:)>

1 - 12 of 12 Posts