VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any magic tricks on how to remove tar spots. ?
They have recently resurfaced a road near me and the wheel arches and rear bumper is splatted with them. If I rub with conventional cleaner it smudges to nearly twice the size.

·
Registered
422 Posts
White spirit done the trick on mine .i sprayed a bit on the patch leave to soak for a few mins and then gave it a rub and off it come . Just give it a polish after to put the shine back on .

·
Registered
157 Posts
Buy a clay bar set there amazing it gets tar fall out most things off and doesn't scratch or damage and leaves your paint work really smooth !!!! I clay my van most times I wash it

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
Got to agree with Nathyb. Rub a clay bar over the tar spots first then they will polish away easily.

·
Registered
502 Posts
baby oil is practically the only thing that gets tar(mac) off your skin.
i tried it on the car once and it works!
everyone has a bottle of baby oil in the house! I:

·
Registered
514 Posts
Autosmart Tardis Tar & Glue Remover is what you want, I've recently discovered it in my new detailing fetish. Wipe on, wipe off...It's awesome, but go steady with it as it's strong stuff!

·
Registered
173 Posts
Autoglym Tar Remover is good, used it on a lot of stuff and works spot on , gets the bugs off too,

I do wax the panel afterwards just incase.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks guys.
Will try the white spirit and baby oil as iv got some knocking bout the place.
Failing that I will get some fancy stuff from halfords.

·
Custom Vans
1,179 Posts
Had the road done outside my workshop this summer it was a nightmare! I found Autoglym polish does the trick after a clay bar.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts