VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK
Having done the tdi conversion, and all being hunky dory, I still have the glowing glow plug light. Only very slight and only visible at night. Now I believe this is caused by the engine multiplug connector not being seated correctly. I have redone this 5 or 6 times and cannot get it to make the final click.
To put my mind at rest and ensure my glowing light is this earth problem, which is the earth wire on the multiplug??
Goin to take an additional direct earth and see if the problem goes. If it does then I will re address the multiplug.
many thanks for any forthcoming help
Dic

PS Is it cold there, as coming over in the bus next week. Sould I pack my thermal grundies ??

·
Somebody stop me!
11,966 Posts
Its just a bi product of the conversion to tdi bud, mine does it too. Penbryn did say to me once that a resistor can be installed to put it out fully but once he told me it was fine i didn't give it a second thought. Chill and enjoy bud, oh and bring your thermals when you come over T:T:T:

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Jimmy.
My only other vaque concern is that the temp gauge and fuel gauge don't work the way they used to.
By that I mean, I know the temp will be lower cos of the intercooler (LT one) but barely registers at all, and the fuel gauge always used to go to the top and then not move for about 200km. Now it doesn't quite go to the top and moves straight away after 20 km or so, and when it's reading nearly empty, there are still 20 litres or so left in the tank.
Just being picky I guess, but it's gotta be right or it ain't worth having................so my mrs says anywayI:
Dic

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
It's probably all the extra G-Force pushing the needles down with all this new extra power :cool:

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Its just a bi product of the conversion to tdi bud, mine does it too. Penbryn did say to me once that a resistor can be installed to put it out fully but once he told me it was fine i didn't give it a second thought. Chill and enjoy bud, oh and bring your thermals when you come over T:T:T:
no glow plug glow here, i used a set of grips that i covered with rubber strips to assist in making it click home.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Thanks Jimmy.
My only other vaque concern is that the temp gauge and fuel gauge don't work the way they used to.
By that I mean, I know the temp will be lower cos of the intercooler (LT one) but barely registers at all, and the fuel gauge always used to go to the top and then not move for about 200km. Now it doesn't quite go to the top and moves straight away after 20 km or so, and when it's reading nearly empty, there are still 20 litres or so left in the tank.
Just being picky I guess, but it's gotta be right or it ain't worth having................so my mrs says anywayI:
Dic
my temp gauge works perfectly also.

fuel gauge is another problem, it never worked properly before hand and still doesnt, like tou said it doesnt move for ages which i believed to be normal then it tends to stick at 1/4 tank. ive ran out of fuel twice in the 3 years ive had the van, one recently!

for the record if you run out with the tdi motor, chucking more fuel in works fine, 20 secs of turning over and all was well!

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
no glow plug glow here, i used a set of grips that i covered with rubber strips to assist in making it click home.
dimly illuminated glow LED has nothing to do with multiplug, and only affects vans with pre '96 instrument clusters.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts